PDA

View Full Version : just a little feel good story

lee
03-26-2014, 07:12 PM
so me and chrisinct got out for our first hunt of the year together last saturday and decided to hit a large park we have hit a lot before , didnt find much but an old match case and a merc dime so chris thought we might hit a park that he passes on his way to work every day.
the park is right in the middle of the historic district of this town with every house on both sides of the road dating from 1710 to 1840 and theres like 40 of them.
after a drive of about 15 mins we arrived at the park and after a look around we started to detect the front part and after 5 mins i get a signal at 6 inches that turned out to be part of a large crotel bell.
after filling in the hole a noticed chris talking to a bloke who lived in one of the houses next to the park.
after we talked to him for 5 mins chris asked if it would be ok if we detected his yard "sure" was the answer "my son loves that diggers show".
we found out the blokes name was mark and asked him to bring his son out to watch us detect.
the little boy turned out to be about 7 years old and came out with his sister who was about 5 years old and thay both started to get very excited that we were doing the same stuff as the guys thay watched on the telly.
after no more than 1 min i get a signal at 4 inches and out pops an 1881 seated dime !!!! so to make everybody laugh i shouted "juice in the hole baby", chris was like "dont do it...dont do it" but it fell on deaf ears as i ran off and tried to jump up a 200 year old oak tree to hoots of laughter from mark,chris and both kids.
chris was next to hit with a wiped out copper , this was begining to look bloody good.
we had a good few wheats and chris got a nice temperance token but by this time it was getting cold so we asked mark if it would be ok if we bought him a case of beer as a thank you and if chris could drop off his little bounty hunter for the kid to mess around with the next day ? mark said that would be great and he would talk to 5 more of his neighbors so we could detect there historic homes to.
as you can imagine the drive home was nuts with both of us saying "omg..omg this could end up being something realy special".
the next day i get a phone call from chris , he says "want the bad news or the good news ?" im like "good news" , "mark says we can detect his mums house up the road that used to be the old post office back in the 1800s and we can come back any time and detect his yard".
"what great news" i said "and the bad news" , chris laughed and said " it aint realy that bad" " i gave the kid the bounty hunter and walked along showing him how to use it..... the first signal he dug was a merc dime , his second signal was a 1898 barber dime, and then he had like 7 wheats in a row" by this time im in histerics thinking about chris swinging his v3i and this 7 year old kid swinging a 60 buck bounty hunter a taking chris to the slaughter ha ha ha ha .
at the end of an hour chris did pick up another copper that he tells me is in quite good shape so i cant wait to see it.
as you can imagine this little kid is so excited i think his dad is gona have to peel him of the celling !!!!.
chris has noticed a pinpointer on the goodwill site so we will prolly end up buying it for the kid so he has got a proper set up to start his detecting carrier with.
sorry to go on so long but it just gladens my heart when things like this happen that end up being so good for both parties and i cant wait to get back there which insidently is gona be on friday , i will post pictures then and get some good ones with the boy and his first finds.
happy hunting people.
lee

Ronandari
03-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Great Story Lee. :perfect10: I wish I could have seen the look on the young boys face when he was digging those great coins.

KCFindIt
03-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Oh My Goodness! What a lovely tale. I wish I could have been there to see the kid too. What a seed you have planted, and just think about all of the 'nectar' you will reap!

MIKE54
03-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Nice job with the kids and the finds and WTG Chris for giving up that detector. That boy will never forget it !

coinnut
03-27-2014, 01:17 PM
That kid is doomed to detecting the rest of his life :lol: Nice job on everyone's part.

MangoAve
03-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Sounds like this might be one of your most memorable times. I never knew the word bloke until now.

Tom
03-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Great story, good for you!

Tony Two-Cent
03-27-2014, 03:23 PM
This is a great story, Lee, thanks for sharing it! It just goes to show that a little friendliness and goodwill can reap dividends.

It seems like a dream place to hunt and the best finds may still be waiting for you there. Kudos to you and Chris for being positive ambassadors for the hobby.

:groovy:

Skamaniac
03-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Absolutely the best story I've heard in a long time! Way to go, guys! :perfect10:

Cheap Thrills
03-27-2014, 11:47 PM
What a great happening and you described it so well . Kudos and best of luck to all involved .:clapping:

GunDog
03-28-2014, 02:08 AM
Is this the same chrisinct from ctfisherman.com? SunganaBeach says, "hi"!

ChrisinCT
03-29-2014, 09:53 PM
Is this the same chrisinct from ctfisherman.com? SunganaBeach says, "hi"!
One in the same. Your detecting now, We must get together for a hunt.

Lowjiber
03-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Good story. Thanks for sharing. :)

CTTodd
03-30-2014, 12:00 PM
Man you hooked that kid hard

aloldstuff
03-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Gosh Lee, that story should be written up in one of the detecting rags. Just great buddy. Kudos to you and Chris. That little boy probably hasn't slept since he found those keepers. Can you see his next show and tell at school....