PDA

View Full Version : Question on the etrac and x5 coil

John S
05-27-2010, 01:48 PM
I am using the x5 coil on the etrac and the question is would it be better to us deep on and fast off are what ,are would it make a difference with the little coil. What would be the best setting??

coinnut
05-27-2010, 04:26 PM
I am using the x5 coil on the etrac and the question is would it be better to us deep on and fast off are what ,are would it make a difference with the little coil. What would be the best setting??

My x5 is on order and I hope to get it soon. I would be tempted to put deep on, fast off and go real slow with a mostly open screen. This sounds good in theory, but the only way to know, is to find a very deep and questionable target and switch settings before you dig it. That way you can try and maximize the clarity of the signal. As soon as I have some time on it I will post a report. I'm just assuming that the coil puts out such a narrow field, that depth would be more important than speed, but again, it's in the ground results that really matter.

John S
05-27-2010, 04:54 PM
That is the way I have it set, deep on, fast off. Just though someone had don some testing .

coinnut
05-27-2010, 05:48 PM
That is the way I have it set, deep on, fast off. Just though someone had don some testing .

That someone may just be you or me lol If you get anything let us know. I will work that coil religiously at the cellar holes I hunt :yes: So, I'll post as soon as I have some time on it. Seems to me a good program to start with anyways

John S
05-29-2010, 05:59 AM
Well this is the program I have been using . I think if the program is opened up I think it well get more depth.