PDA

View Full Version : Darn Near Perfect

z118
05-27-2010, 08:51 PM
The stars aligned tonight and I got out for a near perfect hunt... I took a chance on a local school, hoping against odds that there would not be a soccer game there. There was not. Better still the ground was still a little moist and soft, perfect for digging - it's been hot lately with no rain and some spots are already drying up. And the weather was amazing too - temps in the 70's with sun and a nice breeze. I spent a few hours blissfully pulling clad at a good clip. It was quiet and peacefull and the only distraction was the amazingly wonderfull smell of someone grilling their dinner. I don't know what these people were cooking but dang it smelled good... and to top it off, a short while later I could smell them making s'mores! Very distracting. Anyway I did well with clad, pulling 94 coins worth $9.49. I dug just about everything but wound up with only a medium amount of trash and almost no non-clad finds. And oddly enough I found more dimes and more nickels than I did pennies and the same number of quarters as I did pennies.

Anyway, it was nice to get out. It's pretty amazing how much pleasure I get from being by myself on a beautiful evening digging up scummy clad in a quiet schoolyard.

Happy Hunting!

coinnut
05-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Glad you got to relax for a bit. It is very peaceful being uninterupted and just having fun digging lol Something very soothing about detecting on a perfect day. :) And congrats on not finding many pennies lol Nice flattened one by the way.

angellionel
05-27-2010, 09:27 PM
I know exactly what you mean, Z. I love those types of days too. Going home with a good haul of coins isn't bad either. :yes:

Epi-hunter
05-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Really nice take for one hunt. I don't think I have ever come close to that in one trip. I too love the peace of detecting... it's what it is all about.

Ill Digger
05-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Sounds blissful.... :smitten:
Good hunt, good take, and even good smells :twirlingeyes:
Thats what it's all about.....relaxation thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

SeabeeRon
05-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Yuummm, smells, I mean sounds like a great hunt! :cheesysmile: Nice haul buddy! :yes:

hobbes_lives
05-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Z, you're the clad king! Do you keep a running total?

Hook
05-27-2010, 10:25 PM
now thats a great hunt in anyone's book. congrats on the finds, and its nice to be out doing what we love on a really nice day isnt it? thumbsup01

z118
05-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the replies all...

Z, you're the clad king! Do you keep a running total?

I do... I keep a detailed spreadsheet so I can track exact number by trip, sort them by location, date, etc. I have fun playing around with and looking at the numbers.

As an example I have now dug 929 coins from this one school. Hopefully I can get another 71 coins from this spot which will make it the 6th school from which I have pulled 1,000+ schools. There are actually two schools I hunt each from which I have pulled over 2,000 coins!

Anyway... clad total so far for 2010 is 2,627 coins worth $216.51. I'm actually well behind where I was last year. Still having fun though!

SeabeeRon
05-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Thanks Z!! I am still using the spreadsheet you sent me way back when! :happydance01:

leslie(nova scotia)
06-02-2010, 03:52 AM
From the land of the Bluenose....good writeup and dig. Could I see a closup of the pressed penny?