PDA

View Full Version : A few Mardi Gras tokens from Cajun country

Hook
05-27-2010, 10:34 PM
These are a few of the tokens i've picked up in the last couple of weeks, A lot of these were dug along the same stretch of road thru the middle of town where i found that slightly soiled walking liberty half :cheesysmile:.
The dates on these range from the 60's up into the early 2000's . Its funny how some come out almost pristine, and some come out looking as bad or worse than the half dollar did. Lots of iron in the ground in places, which explains the corrosion and rust on some of them. Hope ya'll enjoy the pics and thanks for lookin :) HH!!

Beefcake
05-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Those tokens are sooooo cool! Thanks for sharing them!

hobbes_lives
05-28-2010, 06:58 AM
Cool tokens, I like em!

SeabeeRon
05-28-2010, 08:34 AM
You got quite a collection there buddy!! :yes:

angellionel
05-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Man, those are really nice! Cool collection! thumbsup01

Hook
05-28-2010, 08:47 AM
thanks for all the comment ya'll :) i'm sure i'll dig more ..but i wont post any ofthem unless they are really worthy of a post. i have around 50 of them dang things because they are as common as pull tabs here. HH all!

angellionel
05-28-2010, 08:51 AM
thanks for all the comment ya'll :) i'm sure i'll dig more ..but i wont post any ofthem unless they are really worthy of a post. i have around 50 of them dang things because they are as common as pull tabs here. HH all!

I wouldn't mind finding those one bit! They have a year and there is a good variety of them. They would be fun to collect. :yes:

coinnut
05-28-2010, 11:03 AM
They make a super item to display. They have lots of different designs and I bet some of them have to be limited issues or corrected issues?? The only drawback I see is that they probably read like a half dollar lol That would stink :ticked: Great pictures and I would post them. They may be common to you, but I've never seen one before.

Hook
05-28-2010, 03:34 PM
They make a super item to display. They have lots of different designs and I bet some of them have to be limited issues or corrected issues?? The only drawback I see is that they probably read like a half dollar lol That would stink :ticked: Great pictures and I would post them. They may be common to you, but I've never seen one before.

Coinnut,,they ALL read like 50's lol. most will bounce from 25 to 50 a few times...but some lock on at 50 and when you see that silver reeded edge that some of them have,.,..your heart skips a few beats until you see the entire token or pick it up. the lightweight aluminum brings your heart rate back down real fast lol. THAT sucks bigtime lol.
each krewe pretty much has their own tokens made for the parades each year, hence the dates on most of them. Some businesses also have them custom made to throw to the crowds along the parade routes. they can be found along the parade routes in dozens of cities here in Louisiana. i've still got a lot of ground to cover where i found most of these, and i gotta dig every signal i get along there, because thats where i found that walker last week thumbsup01
i only keep the ones that havent been hit by a mower, or bent up and mangled by drunk people with nothing else to do lol
thanks for all the comments everyone and HH!

tanacat
05-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Very cool! Love the ROY G. BIV going on lol They would make a beautiful display. A full collection might be worth something someday with all the catastrophes down there... I bet a lot were lost/swept away during Katrina- just a thought. :( So sad to think back to those days.

incomenet
05-28-2010, 05:06 PM

Those are Cool. 8) I would gladly trade you pull tabs for those dang things. lol lol

del
05-28-2010, 05:08 PM
those are very cool and i bet some are very collectable and worth a few bucks , they would look great in a display .

Dan

Hook
05-28-2010, 08:32 PM
well dang it all! lol...Tanacat and Del have got me thinking,...i may have to get a display case or 2 for them after all. You guys and gals just might be onto something :cheesysmile:

and Incomenet lol..i wouldnt mind giving you a few, but no trading pulltabs for them ty lol..i find too many of those here already lol PM me :)

anyone else want any tokens? lol if i keep finding these dang things i'll have to get a suitcase to store them in lol.

Epi-hunter
05-28-2010, 08:36 PM
They may be common to you but they are cool!! Very nice finds... I would love to find them!!

tanacat
05-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Just like finding horseshoes here in 'horse country' lol How about that for a trade?