PDA

View Full Version : First Barber.

Ronandari
04-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Went to a site today with my Etrac where I suspect a late 1800s toll booth it was overgrown and on a hillside but the brush wasn't too bad yet. My first signal was a 1906 Barber dime. Spent another hour but only found shotgun shells. I was pretty glad to pull out my first Barber. I will have to go back there with my VX3 and the 8x6 coil to look a little closer in the brush.

Timewarpdigger
04-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Great find and congrats. My first silver was 1908 barber dime. Was blown away when I realized what it was. Safe & HH

aloldstuff
04-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Always love it when a Barber is posted. :congrats:on your 1st and hope many more to come.

skribnodsister
04-01-2014, 07:03 PM
:wow: nice find! Congrats on your first Barber! Hope you find lots more goodies when you go back :cheering:

freemindstuck
04-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Great coin, it's always a good hunt when you find a barber! :perfect10:

CTTodd
04-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Better then most silver out there

coinnut
04-01-2014, 07:53 PM
:congrats: on the Barber dime :clapping: It's in pretty decent condition too. How bad was the Happy Dance? :happy:A return trip with a small coil is a good idea.

Digger Don
04-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Congrats Ron. Sweet Barber. I'm guessing your liking your new machine.
i'm sure only the first of many !!!!!!

Ronandari
04-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Congrats Ron. Sweet Barber. I'm guessing your liking your new machine.
i'm sure only the first of many !!!!!!

Actually Don, it was my first time using the new machine in the woods and it was a little challenging. I still have a lot of learning to do on deeper targets and weak signals. I need a trainer. :lol:

Ronandari
04-01-2014, 08:32 PM
:congrats: on the Barber dime :clapping: It's in pretty decent condition too. How bad was the Happy Dance? :happy:A return trip with a small coil is a good idea.

:hystericallaugh::lol:. No happy dance but I did take it down and show a crew of utility workers clearing brush in the area they couldn't believe I found a silver coin within 5 minutes. I have to hand it to you guys hunting cellar holes in the Northeast. that is a workout. :notworthy:

Ron

Digger Don
04-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Actually Don, it was my first time using the new machine in the woods and it was a little challenging. I still have a lot of learning to do on deeper targets and weak signals. I need a trainer. :lol: I know the feeling, Me too !! :detecting:

don in ny
04-02-2014, 06:58 AM
Congrats on your first Barber! Getting a new detector always results in some good finds. It may not be that the detector is any better, but the owner gets more motivated to go out detecting more and to find new spots. I got a new machine last year and had a number of firsts including first 2 real, seated half dollar and multiple firsts in colonial coin categories. The best machine is always the one between the ears. Good luck finding some great new spots with your new detector.

Tom
04-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Nice silver, hope it's the start of a whole bunch more....

coinnut
04-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Actually Don, it was my first time using the new machine in the woods and it was a little challenging. I still have a lot of learning to do on deeper targets and weak signals. I need a trainer. :lol:

I know the feeling, Me too !! :detecting:

PM me and tell me what you are looking for and where you hunt and I can tell you what I use. If it is in the woods there is a simple program that may be better to use than what you are probably using.

NJJOSH
04-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Great find glad to see you got your first barber:)

del
04-02-2014, 06:53 PM
:cheering::cheering: WOOO HOOOO First Barber:cheering::cheering:

very nice shape too :congrats: