PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't Expecting This...

Skamaniac
04-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Today I went out to hunt a little section of woods in the back of a county park beside the Columbia River. I was hoping to find a few relics, but instead I found three current pennies and down about 3 inches a 1990 one-cent piece from Barbados. Was not expecting a coin from such a tiny country in the middle off the woods.

The pic quality isn't that great because I was using my phone. The other pic is the view of the river and Oregon from where the coin was found.

del
04-02-2014, 06:49 PM
it is a bit far from home isn't it :confused: foreign coins do add a nice change to a collection though. I bet you find more in the area , it looks like a nice scenic picnic spot .

coinnut
04-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Yep lots of people go vacationing in the Caribbean and usually bring back some change with them. I like finding foreign change. That spot looks like a great place to just watch the boats go by :yes:

MangoAve
04-02-2014, 07:22 PM
I have a ton of those coins. On a cruise one port was Barbados and with the exchange rates you always get stuck with extra cuz you can't buy anything with a few pennies and you can't even change to USD. So you end up bringing them home. I had to take money out in south Korea in 2012, and I got stuck with a 1000 Won.37803

CTTodd
04-02-2014, 07:54 PM
It is amazing where they end up. You never know

Timewarpdigger
04-02-2014, 08:30 PM
That is the great thing bout this hobby you never know what you will find. Congrats!!

KCFindIt
04-02-2014, 09:01 PM
The coins are nice, but that grouping of trees overlooking the river is pretty neat. Almost like multiple trees with the same root.

Skamaniac
04-03-2014, 12:35 AM
The coins are nice, but that grouping of trees overlooking the river is pretty neat. Almost like multiple trees with the same root.

That bunch of trees is interesting. It's on the edge of an abandoned railroad grade that used to run along the river, and now it's a trail. The trees farthest from the camera are actually hanging ten feet over the trail where the bank has eroded away from weather. It was so cool I took my water break there for several minutes.

KCFindIt
04-03-2014, 06:44 AM
That bunch of trees is interesting. It's on the edge of an abandoned railroad grade that used to run along the river, and now it's a trail. The trees farthest from the camera are actually hanging ten feet over the trail where the bank has eroded away from weather. It was so cool I took my water break there for several minutes.Very cool indeed. Glad you were able to get out and go hunt.

giant056
04-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Very cool :cool: I always like digging them foreign coins.

Tom
04-03-2014, 07:38 AM
I'm always amazed by some of the stuff we find. HH....

tanacat
04-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Wow that's very cool! :thumbsup02: