PDA

View Full Version : New to AMERICAN DETECTORIST and to Metal Detecting

aWAREdetector
04-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Hi all,

A new member from Western Massachusetts. I just (20 mins ago) met a fellow member swinging the coil in a public park near me. Unfortunately I already forgot his name. Sorry....

I started swinging the coil in April of 2013 and immediately got hooked. Found a 1/10 oz Kruggerand in just the fourth whole I ever dug. I showed a picture to the fellow member I just met. Im sure i'll be hanging around in here quite a bit. Love the hobby and love learning about the hobby.

Happy Hunting to all

RobW
04-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Welcome from another Western Masser....I see you are in ware. I'm out inn Westfield. There are MANY of us on here from the area!

What ya swinging?

If you want to get vtogether sometime to hunt, just PM me. Try getting out on the weekends, typically Sundays.

aWAREdetector
04-03-2014, 12:01 PM
I'm swinging a Whites Coinmaster GT. Weekends are no good for me....work. Wide open Mon-Thurs

freemindstuck
04-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Welcome to the forum. One of my hunting buddies swings a coin master gt. It's a good machine. I look forward to seeing your finds.

Tony Two-Cent
04-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

Glad you found us! That 1/10 oz Krugerrand is an incredible find! We would love to see a picture of it. :yes:

Best of luck and happy hunting!

coinnut
04-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Hey, welcome aboard from the guy in the park :lol: Nice picture of that Kruggerand. :shocked04: Didn't get but a couple of wheats out of that area, you hit it well. Congrats on a great find!!:clapping:

chief5709
04-03-2014, 01:34 PM
welcome to the forum from NY

aWAREdetector
04-03-2014, 02:02 PM
lol...guy from park. Sorry, i'm not good with names

Digger Don
04-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Hello & Welcome from Northern Illinois

Tom
04-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Welcome to the forum, I'm from the Lowell area!

OxShoeDrew
04-03-2014, 03:42 PM
I was going to make a joke that his name was George or Al, then it was :hystericallaugh:
Welcome!

RobW
04-03-2014, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=coinnut;160368]Hey, welcome aboard from the guy in the park :lol: QUOTE]

A Park????? Were you lost George? was there a hidden cellar hole there?
Well, if there WAS someone to meet from the forum.....George is definitely a good ambassador of the forum/hobby.....and sometimes even as a person:lol:

RobW
04-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Also, you should touch base with Al...he's local and has Monday's avail for hunting. He and I use to go out a lot, but he no longer has weekends avail......I'm sure he'll be chiming in too

del
04-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Hello ,aWAREdetector welcome to the forum

Let me get this straight , you met George in person and still wanted to join the forum :shocked03: wow :shocked05: its great to meet a man with such "intestinal fortitude":rofl:

NAH ... I kid , George is a good guy ... I just can't refuse to bust his chops when there is an opportunity :devilish:

glad to have you here with us .

Dan

coinnut
04-03-2014, 04:53 PM
The love around here is unbearable :lol:

giant056
04-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Welcome from Kalamazoo Michigan :thumbsup01:

Skamaniac
04-03-2014, 06:11 PM
A Krugerrand? No wonder you got hooked! Welcome from Washington state.

Otis Campbell
04-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Yeah your hooked! It's like crack, looking for something shinny coming out of the dirt! Welcome to this site, I've only been here a short while, but they treat you like an old friend! Good hunting! Have some dear friends in Springfield, Mass. Wonderful people in that state!

RobW
04-04-2014, 08:50 AM
The love around here is unbearable :lol:

AWWWWW...we love you George :grouphug:

If we didn't we'd just ignore you........

aloldstuff
04-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Hey it's me Al. Welcome to the forum. I used to live in West Warren, now live in Westfield. We can and will do a Monday or Tuesday hunt shortly. Stay in touch via PM, would love to hunt with someone who found a gold coin...

P.S. George, we all love ya....

Timewarpdigger
04-04-2014, 07:09 PM
Welcome, safe & HH

Epi-hunter
04-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Hi all,

A new member from Western Massachusetts. I just (20 mins ago) met a fellow member swinging the coil in a public park near me. Unfortunately I already forgot his name. Sorry....

I started swinging the coil in April of 2013 and immediately got hooked. Found a 1/10 oz Kruggerand in just the fourth whole I ever dug. I showed a picture to the fellow member I just met. Im sure i'll be hanging around in here quite a bit. Love the hobby and love learning about the hobby.

Happy Hunting to all

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

Sounds like you met George. (What were you doing in a park, George???) He is one of the best ambassadors of the hobby that you will ever meet.

Looking forward to seeing more of your finds!

Boulder
04-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum from John NJ. :interesting:

coinnut
04-05-2014, 08:07 PM
(What were you doing in a park, George???)

I was lost :shocked01:

salway67
04-10-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm also new to American detectorist I be doing metal detecting for about two years. My first detector was a bounty hunter, I up graded to a minelab X-Terra705 Gold pack. I'm hoping to get out a start swing in the next few weeks .I live un central Mass ( Baldwinville,Ma. ) I have done a little gold panning in the past with a little luck. I have give that up do to my lower back has be giving problems.

coinnut
04-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Hey welcome aboard salway67 from western MA. Nice to have you here.

Fire Fighter 43
04-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. A gold on your first outing, wow, that would hook anyone. Good luck and happy hunting.

silverhunter100397
04-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Hi everybody. I am new to detecting and this site. I live in Southeast Wisconsin and will be retiring from the military in the near future. I then will have the time to pursue the hobby that I wanted to do since I was a kid. I have a Garrett Ace 250 and an AT Pro. I look forward to participating in this forum.

Tony Two-Cent
04-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Hi everybody. I am new to detecting and this site. I live in Southeast Wisconsin and will be retiring from the military in the near future. I then will have the time to pursue the hobby that I wanted to do since I was a kid. I have a Garrett Ace 250 and an AT Pro. I look forward to participating in this forum.

Welcome, silverhunter! Glad to have you here. Wisconsin is a beautiful state, I always enjoy visiting there. Best of luck with your detecting!

silverhunter100397
04-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Thanks Tony, I see that you have progressively good results. I'm hoping that I will have simular results.

KCFindIt
04-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Hi everybody. I am new to detecting and this site. I live in Southeast Wisconsin and will be retiring from the military in the near future. I then will have the time to pursue the hobby that I wanted to do since I was a kid. I have a Garrett Ace 250 and an AT Pro. I look forward to participating in this forum.Hello silverhunter100397, welcome aboard this forum and awesome hobby. Thank you for your service in the military. My name is Kasey and I'm located in Georgia. I'm new, as in started detecting in November, although I've been interested in it as a youngster. Finally, life has treated me well enough to allow a wonderful hobby into my life, and I'm hooked. It is fascinating, as you will soon find out. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your hunts and finds.

silverhunter100397
04-12-2014, 10:26 PM
Hello silverhunter100397, welcome aboard this forum and awesome hobby. Thank you for your service in the military. My name is Kasey and I'm located in Georgia. I'm new, as in started detecting in November, although I've been interested in it as a youngster. Finally, life has treated me well enough to allow a wonderful hobby into my life, and I'm hooked. It is fascinating, as you will soon find out. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your hunts and finds.
I look forward to sharing the details from our hunts.