PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Redemption with 3 coppers & 2 shoe buckles

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Fri shot up to a old colonial home I had permission in the past to hunt.I hit the woods again around home.2 beat IH's,a Barber dime & a clover heel plate.
Saturday we got an invite from E.J. & Curt up in mass to come up and hit some cellar holes.2 hour drive and about 4 miles of hiking and ever site was hit pretty hard.a button,a 1894 V-Nickel and one flooded center chimney foundation pic was about all I could squeeeze out of the trip.nobody else did any better saturday.
Sunday Todd calls and said "dude we gotta redeem ourselves" at 10:30 am he scoops me up and we went up north a bit to a site that I had wanted to get back to.Targets were sparce near the foundation & I decided to venture away into a adjoining stone walled wooded field. 1st target out there was a complete brass shoe buckle :thumbsup01: 2nd target was a thinking counterfeit KG II copper VDI was 55. 3rd target was a toasted NJ copper.4th target was a almost complete iron shoe buckle.with like a grayish ornate face to the top side.5th target was a toasted CT copper.
Todd didn't manage to get his coil over any coins or buckles but,he nabbed a few buttons and couple smaller relics.

Timewarpdigger
04-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Congrats on the finds and successful weekend of digging. Awesome.

del
04-06-2014, 09:09 PM
three days in a row of detecting :shocked05: ... I only dream about stuff like that :daydream:

congrats on the two shoe buckles and coppers Dave :clapping::clapping: but why does it look like Todd is going "potty" :eyebrow:

ChrisinCT
04-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Great finds as always.

How old are the heel plates ?

giant056
04-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Fantastic bunch of finds you got there :thumbsup01:

Digger Don
04-07-2014, 05:22 AM
Very cool finds. It always amazes me what you find in your part of the country.
congrats

don in ny
04-07-2014, 07:18 AM
That's my kind of day. Buttons and buckles and coppers oh my! Way to go.

Lodge Scent
04-07-2014, 07:33 AM
What the heck is all that white stuff? I haven't seen any of that in 2 weeks :). That is a great way to salvage a detecting weekend. Is that a little antique fishing reel? Nice score on double shoebuckles :thumbsup02:. Yeah, I think we could do a straight up trade on the NJ coppers...pretty much the same level of toastiness. Hmmmm......now that Dan mentions it, it does appear that Todd is taking care of business in that photo. :lol: I suspect it's just the camera angle and more than likely it's just Todd using his xray vision to scan the ground for another GW button.

The Rebel
04-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Nice going Dave. looks like it was pretty cool up there still. See any Ticks?

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-07-2014, 08:33 AM
ticks are out in full force Rog!

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-07-2014, 08:37 AM
What the heck is all that white stuff? I haven't seen any of that in 2 weeks :). That is a great way to salvage a detecting weekend. Is that a little antique fishing reel? Nice score on double shoebuckles :thumbsup02:. Yeah, I think we could do a straight up trade on the NJ coppers...pretty much the same level of toastiness. Hmmmm......now that Dan mentions it, it does appear that Todd is taking care of business in that photo. :lol: I suspect it's just the camera angle and more than likely it's just Todd using his xray vision to scan the ground for another GW button.
thanks! Todd just set down his back pack and i think fumbling for his lighter or somethin in his pockets.he wasn't relieving himself.
the fishing reel is a vintage Hendryx made in New Haven CT.as far as I can read this is 1919 or earlier?
http://www.oldreels.com/hendryx.htm
link above gives company history

Bell-Two
04-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Always like to see the State Coppers and nice buckles. I have seen a few iron ones dug, what kind of material are they most commonly made of?

RobW
04-07-2014, 10:51 AM
:lipssealed:...I thought the same thing when I saw Todd in the photo..glad to see there were several of us who thought that....:lol:

Great assortment of finds over the whole weekend, ....as always :drool:

Thiltzy
04-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Way to redeem your self Dave. You had the hot coil Sunday for sure. Too bad the ground conditions aren't kind on coppers there, they look very ruff:(. Nice call on the Jersey Copper though. Congrats on a great hunt.

OxShoeDrew
04-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Wow Dave!! Those are killer coat hooks :hystericallaugh:

That is some weekend Dave, anyone else would say it was a career weekend, not you...just business as usual for you. I guess someone hit your Sunday site, but only near the hole. Imagine the stuff that was near the hole :daydream:

Lodge Scent
04-07-2014, 06:07 PM
That is a cool find on the reel Dave, especially if it is was made pre-Winchester.

coinnut
04-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Nice buckles, 3 coppers and a Barber....not too shabby Dave :clapping: