PDA

View Full Version : My Sunday Religion

RobW
04-07-2014, 11:41 AM
First off, it's good to see that everyone is getting out and finding stuff and posting!

And now my story....

My wife goes to church every Sunday...religiously...:lol:. That is my time that I go out and detect and have my own religious experiences, and I am sure that I am not alone in this feeling. Walking through the woods and field admiring what "the creator" (whomever/whatever that may be for you)has done. Sometime the beauty of the scene is worth it alone.
Anyways I have this particular farm that I am growing very fond of, 1700s farm on 60 acres, rolling fields overlooking the Berkshire Mnts. I always get up there early in the morning, and the scene of the sun rising is Spectacular and very moving.

Ok, now on to the detecting!:detecting:...so there is a hot spot in the field that Tim and I have hit pretty hard, where another house once stood, it has yielded a lot of buttons and a few coins. I knew there was more there, so I decided to go low and slow over the area with the X-5 on my E-Trac. I managed a few buttons. Then I got a lower hit something/20 on the display...I figured another button...I cut my plug....not in the plug, turned back to the hole..it was full of water:mad::bangshead01:....I kept scooping, but it kept filling...so I just kept digging with the shovel until I finally got the signal out...found the disc, and still thought it was a button w/out a shank...but it was a little toasty 1883 IH:happydance01:.

Not a lot of finds, nothing spectacular, but it was good to get out, do a little digging, and find a few nice things.

And of course my wonderful pics of my finds that you all so love:smitten:

MangoAve
04-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Nice finds. The area doesn't look like it has a high water table, but looks are deceiving. Maybe that's why they had the field there. Or maybe it's just the ridic snow making the ground more wet than usual. 100 Years older than I am. I have a V nickel from that time, but no IH.

RobW
04-07-2014, 12:44 PM
It all depended on where you dug. As I said, rolling hills in the field, so towards the bottom of the hills in the field there was a lot of water flowing down, the top of the hills in the fields were fine and along the edges of the field were still frozen about 4inches down. Plus there is a high water table due to it being mountainous and shallow rock, even higher with all the meltage. I was concerned on my drive up, as there was still a lot of snow on the ground..but luckily not in the field, apparently it got enough sun

KCFindIt
04-07-2014, 01:10 PM
The scenery about you is beautiful. The finds are nice. How old is the baby?

RobW
04-07-2014, 01:27 PM
The scenery about you is beautiful. The finds are nice. How old is the baby?

The scenery is the only saving grace to moving from TN to MA! :lol:

The baby just turned 6 wks.....:needadrink:..seriously though great kid..much easier than the first, finally sleeping through the night

Bell-Two
04-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Nice finds glad you got out, I too enjoyed the scenery. On Sunday's I try to do both things!

OxShoeDrew
04-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Congrats on the child Rob! Also, congrats on the first two pictures! They are sorta in focus :lol:
That looks exactly like a place I hunt. I love places like that.

Otis Campbell
04-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Great hunting & finds!

del
04-07-2014, 04:59 PM
Rob , I agree some of the sunrises are spectacular when your out in some areas and somewhat "spiritual" . Not to mention some of the wildlife you can see.

Also, congrats on the first two pictures! They are sorta in focus :lol:

:coffeelaugh::rofl: wow poor Rob , see what you started George !;)

aloldstuff
04-07-2014, 05:30 PM
did Tim take those 1st two pictures????:lol:

glad you got out and found some goodie while communing with nature.

Check your Pm's

Lodge Scent
04-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Very nice! That's my type of church and is the type of place I'd like to hunt even if the pickings were slim.

Don't let the film critics bother you. In 4, maybe 5 years, your new infant will have mastered all the latest electronic gadgetry and can give you pointers on picture taking. You'll show 'em then.

Timewarpdigger
04-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Congrats on the finds. Like the large button. Safe & HH

coinnut
04-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Nice tranquil place to hunt Rob. I love the sun rising over a site in the early morning....then it is down to business :lol:

wow poor Rob , see what you started George !;)

I didn't start it....Al did. :shocked04: I just jumped on the band wagon ;) :lol:

RobW
04-08-2014, 07:24 AM
:coffeelaugh::rofl: wow poor Rob , see what you started George !;)

I can take it...besides, I like to dish it out too...and as my daddy always said...."If you can't make fun of yourself, you can't make fun of others." and we all know I like to do a bit of poking:poke:...and it's all in good fun

KCFindIt
04-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Congrats on the new baby, Rob. Glad you were able to get out and find a little more than the surprise in the diaper! Half of the fun of the hobby is sharing the stories with this group of forum comics and giving and taking a little ribbin.

Tony Two-Cent
04-08-2014, 09:09 AM
I sounds like you and I have the same religion, Rob. :thumbsup01:

I agree that enjoying the outdoors can often be just as rewarding as finding old coins and relics, especially this time of year when the earth is awakening from its winter slumber. Our grass is finally starting to turn green here, and the trees are budding and blooming.

Congrats on the old buttons and the 1883 Indian Head! :clapping:

RobW
04-08-2014, 03:11 PM
did Tim take those 1st two pictures????

No, I went solo....his wife wouldn't let him out to play:beatdown::beatdown:

Got to get you up there some time...you'd LOVE it. The place is picture perfect. I need to post some pics of the front....stone walls running along the road with about 1/2 mile of HUGE old oaks running along side.

Tim and I were up that way one day, and drove by and said how we'd love to hit it. I then realized where I was and said that I had a client that lived on that road...sure enough it WAS his house:yahoo:. No one likes to say "NO" to their lawyer....:lol: