PDA

View Full Version : First Permission and First Silver Today!

scootergirl
04-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Two firsts today - this is the first time DH and I asked permission to hunt on someone's property and they agreed so fast, we were shocked. And I found my first Silver ever today - a Mercury Dime! DH found a pocket watch that he's cleaning up and we both found a few Wheat Pennies - all and all a great day with the AT Pro's!

Sorry for the double photo....trying to figure out how to remove it.

OxShoeDrew
04-12-2014, 05:19 PM
...and a good looking silver it is! I was also able to gain access to a property today but I wasn't as lucky as you. The owners went out leaving me alone... when I wanted to leave I noticed ten cows got loose :girlcry: I had to catch them all and herd them back in their pen. Congrats on your milestone. I remember my first silver coin was younger than me :lol:

scootergirl
04-12-2014, 06:09 PM
...and a good looking silver it is! I was also able to gain access to a property today but I wasn't as lucky as you. The owners went out leaving me alone... when I wanted to leave I noticed ten cows got loose :girlcry: I had to catch them all and herd them back in their pen. Congrats on your milestone. I remember my first silver coin was younger than me :lol:
LOL - how many people have that kind of day - cows on the loose! Thank you, I don't think I'll forget the first one - I ran across the school yard we were in, saying Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod.... over and over (seems to be my thing to say when I find something like that ;) and dropped it in my husbands hands - I could hardly believe it!

Timewarpdigger
04-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Congrats on the merc. Safe & HH

Ronandari
04-12-2014, 08:23 PM
LOL - how many people have that kind of day - cows on the loose! Thank you, I don't think I'll forget the first one - I ran across the school yard we were in, saying Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod.... over and over (seems to be my thing to say when I find something like that ;) and dropped it in my husbands hands - I could hardly believe it!

sounds like you are ready to be on Diggers. :hystericallaugh: Congrats on the nice Merc.

Ron

del
04-12-2014, 08:54 PM
:bananadance::yahoo: First
Silver:yahoo::bananadance:

Big congrats Scootergirl:clapping::clapping:

hope its the first of many to come

Skamaniac
04-12-2014, 09:28 PM
That's a nice coin there. Way to go!

Digger Don
04-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Congrats on your first silver. It took me a while before I asked permission to hunt private property, I was surprised that almost all say yes.
Good luck on your next hunt

coinnut
04-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Congrats on both :groovy: Silver is suck a rush to find. It never gets old, that's for sure.

giant056
04-13-2014, 04:19 AM
Great score on your first merc :thumbsup02:
........... :congrats:

scootergirl
04-13-2014, 05:49 AM
Thank you all - it is definitely a rush. My DH had just said we should stay and keep looking even though we weren't finding much - it was very trashy and definitely dug before. So worth the time! Ronandari - I keep telling my husband that we should have our own show - Man/Woman vs. Dirt ;)

RobW
04-14-2014, 08:49 AM
:congrats:..way to go on your first silver!!!!

RobW
04-14-2014, 08:51 AM
when I wanted to leave I noticed ten cows got loose :girlcry: I had to catch them all and herd them back in their pen:lol:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popc orn:...would have loved to watch that...best entertainment around!

Tony Two-Cent
04-14-2014, 09:03 AM
Huge congrats on your first silver! That's one you will always remember. :yes:

I'm sure it will be the first of many. :thumbsup01:

coinnut
04-14-2014, 04:53 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popc orn:...would have loved to watch that...best entertainment around!

We may have to rename him OxShoeCowChasingDrew :dontknow: