PDA

View Full Version : First Mass Copper Jeff!

OxShoeDrew
04-13-2014, 02:12 PM
How weird is that.....first MA copper I find and I think about Jeff's dream :hystericallaugh:
A great day to be out digging!
Dan- I found another sword holder :lol: Just kidding.

That copper was a tape measure 11 inches down. :shocked01: It was a nickel repeatable. After the first six inches were removed it turned into a dime signal.

The dime is a 1946.

Thanks, Drew
PS Sorry tractor thingy upside down (new computer :lol:)

Thiltzy
04-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Mass coppers are awesome. I only have found one, I don't see many dug. Gratz on your first drew:clapping:

OxShoeDrew
04-13-2014, 03:16 PM
So I was curious as to the initial vdi in the 50s so I ran it under my coil at home... and it's a 77. Is this lower than normal coppers? I wonder if it's a counterfeit? At 11 inches the vdi was in the 50s. I thought I saw it hit 80 as I dug it. But it is a solid 77 at home. Coppers usually ring up in the high 80s or 90 at 5 inches.

CTTodd
04-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Tough to get very nice

del
04-13-2014, 04:03 PM
congrats on the Mass. copper:perfect10:

sweet copper Drew , I suspect we'll see another one here on the forum very soon though .

coinnut
04-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Nice MA copper Drew :groovy:I've only found a one cent, and a half cent. Don't see them very often around here. They get them more often in Maine.

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-13-2014, 04:36 PM
nice copper drew,i only dug 2 and both were toast

Bell-Two
04-13-2014, 04:58 PM
Wonderful find I would be estactic to find any state copper.

pulltabsteve
04-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Drew, Sweet find! Congrats:clapping:

del
04-13-2014, 06:54 PM
So I was curious as to the initial vdi in the 50s so I ran it under my coil at home... and it's a 77. Is this lower than normal coppers? I wonder if it's a counterfeit? At 11 inches the vdi was in the 50s. I thought I saw it hit 80 as I dug it. But it is a solid 77 at home. Coppers usually ring up in the high 80s or 90 at 5 inches.

state coppers are usually different weight from others so the vdi's can fluctuate some Drew . also being so deep the more minerals your machine sees before the copper plus the angle its laying can make it a lower vdi . as you took soil out the vdi got higher because of the less minerals. I don't suspect it of being a counterfeit , maybe if the vdi was 15 to 20+ numbers lower than another Mass. copper

Timewarpdigger
04-13-2014, 07:39 PM
Nice finds and congrats. Safe & HH

Lodge Scent
04-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Hey Drew that is awesome :wow: . Of course I am extremely jealous but happy for you none the less. Feel free to find the 13 Fugios on your next hunt :lol: Those terrets sound sweet when you put a coil over them don't they? When they are shallow they can break your eardrums but when they are deep they pinpoint small like a coin. I dug one of those open pointy ones a few years back. I think yours is the only other one like that that I have seen posted.

I think I had 7 Flowing Hairs in my dream cache too. You can help me with that one also.

Great hunt ! :perfect10:

BTV Digger
04-13-2014, 09:31 PM
Excellent finds, and always interesting to see the ranges of stuff you guys pull out of these holes. The tractor thingy, now that's a stumper on how that got there right?

BTV Digger

MangoAve
04-14-2014, 07:09 AM
Excellent finds, and always interesting to see the ranges of stuff you guys pull out of these holes. The tractor thingy, now that's a stumper on how that got there right?

BTV Digger

Naah.. There was a dime from '46 he said. I don't see why the tag couldn't be there.

RobW
04-14-2014, 09:13 AM
:envious:..very nice :clapping:...still haven't found a state copper of my own

OxShoeDrew
04-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Naah.. There was a dime from '46 he said. I don't see why the tag couldn't be there.
Thanks everyone, yeah..the fields near my house are currently being worked and have been since European settlement. I don't show all the modern trash I dig. I should one day. I actually dug a clad quarter not 20 feet from the MA copper. I almost had a stroke when I saw the eagle on the back :lol:

MangoAve
04-14-2014, 10:31 AM
yeah..the fields near my house are currently being worked and have been since European settlement. I don't show all the modern trash I dig. I should one day. I actually dug a clad quarter not 20 feet from the MA copper.

Well... I was teasing George on a different thread about all his nails he dug. But in reality, showing the pics of the trash we dig does give a reality to what we go through. The park I hit, it was a ratio of 4:1 with clad to trash. The abandoned house it was like 1:30 from the one find to the rest of the junk. The last place was 2:7.

However I noticed I didnt include it earlier... congrats state copper.

The Rebel
04-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Awesome Copper!