PDA

View Full Version : 4 Different types of silver in one hunt

JdsCoins
04-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Been hunting a small spot in the ghetto that seems like it has never been hunted. That or people are put off by the OVERLOAD of trash and modern coinage and leave. Most of the signals you can't even go by pitch because there's so many targets. The first hunt I decided it was time to wrap it up when I was offered a reefer. :rofl: (That's a long story)

The first picture is of that hunt. I put in 5 hours, many of the coins came from the tot lots which I almost completely cleared out because the targets were easy to find in the old rocky sand. Got about 100 coins in sand just around a few swings in about a 5x4 yard patch. :shocked04: This place hasn't been updated or hunted in a long time, which is good for me. :thumbsup01:

My first hunt there produced 211 coins, one wheatie and a silver washington. (Also a junk ring and some other interesting non-coin finds)

2nd hunt (today) I put in 4 hours, and the old ones started hitting more this time. I found the SLQ after pulling out a clad quarter on edge and inch down and re checking my hole (it was about 4 inches down) :grin:

I got my first ever silver spill that didn't consist of 2 dimes. The silver washington, merc & wheatie were all in the same hole. :grin:

Then after I dug the last rosie I found about the other half of the clad then left. I was beat! The ring is 18K HGE. Bummer because It's a honker! :) Total of 167 coins today (4 silvers, 4 wheaties). Also got that odd token. Any ideas on that one??? :shocked01:

Digger Don
04-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Wow, thats a lot of coins. Congrats on the Silver

BTV Digger
04-13-2014, 09:56 PM
Wow, great chunk of change you found there! Your knees must have been an achin' after that many digs! The token you found is from the now defunct Aladin's Castle gaming arcades. This was a popular chain of arcades back in the 70s and 80s when several hundred stores were in existence across the country. Do a seach on Aladdin's Castle Arcade and you can find more.

JdsCoins
04-13-2014, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the info! I assumed it was pre 1990 but post 1960, so at least I'm getting better at telling the age of things. LOL. I guess I could look it up, but what is that picture on the back? :shocked01:

MangoAve
04-14-2014, 06:43 AM
Wow. Two people on this forum got a huge chunk of change this weekend. With the warm weather, now you can buy me an ice cream with that change. :lol: The picture on the back of the token is of a guy wearing a turbin, with spiral eyes and a big goatee.

Tony Two-Cent
04-14-2014, 09:51 AM
That's a lot of digging, JD! :wow:

Congrats on the silver, especially the SLQ! And you even got one with a legible date! :thumbsup02:

The Aladdin's Castle token is probably from the 1980s or newer. The image on the back is supposed to be Aladdin but it's kind of goofy looking.

Timewarpdigger
04-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Congrats on all the finds, a bet a bit sore. Safe & HH

coinnut
04-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Wow that is a lot of digging :shocked04: but well worth it. Nice SLQ and even a Bicentennial quarter too!

del
04-14-2014, 07:00 PM
:shocked05: great haul of coins JdsCoins :clapping:congrats on the SLQ and other silver :smitten:

aloldstuff
04-15-2014, 05:03 PM
Now that's a lot of digging. Shame on that gold ring for not being a good one. If you're in the ghetto then probably no one has been there. Keep going back, there's more for ya.

kpmoose
04-15-2014, 06:41 PM
Wow, that's a lot of coins. Nice job.

Waiting on the reefer story:cool: