PDA

View Full Version : Question?

SlingShot
04-15-2014, 08:24 AM
I have a place to hunt on the Green River here in KY that used to be a steamboat docking area. It's in the outer bend of the river. Does anyone think hunting the underwater area near the bank would be productive? I'm inclined to believe the silt and speed of the water has either washed everything away or covered it so deeply that I couldn't get to it. Thoughts?

Robbie
04-15-2014, 09:15 AM
Can`t hurt,as long as you don`t step on broken glass.I know a guy that works at a local coin shop that told me when they dredged the C&O canal they recovered hundreds of Morgans.

SlingShot
04-15-2014, 09:21 AM
I know that at least 3 steamboats sunk after burning in the late 1800's I might give it a go when the water warms up this summer. I'm going to hit the bank hard next week to see if anything is there. I know of two taverns that used to set on the upper area of the bank. I'm going to try and get permission to hunt those spots too.

OxShoeDrew
04-15-2014, 09:25 AM
The water moves quicker on the outer side of the bend so I'd guess there'd be more soil erosion and shallower targets. :dontknow:

SlingShot
04-15-2014, 09:33 AM
That's what I was hoping for. I'm not sure that everything has washed down toward the bottom. It's roughly 40' deep in that bend. I'm not sure of my diving abilities in moving water at that depth., so I wouldn't want to risk it down there.