PDA

View Full Version : I'm excited....

Snowy
11-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Krom and I got out for about 90 minutes this morning. Had a birthday party to go to this afternoon.
Went to an old farm field....
I hit a spot where I found a silver snake ring (broke when it was being rinsed), a musketball and some other stuff...
I found the razor in a different area of the farm land..

Krom told me he and two other people had been all over the area where I found this old coin today. I LOVE my MXT. 8)
First pic is of the stuff, amongst a clad penny and nickel...
Second pic is of my old coin before rinsing...
Third pic is of the old coin after rinsing.
I popped it in some olive oil. Not sure what to do with it.
But I'm soooo happy with this find!!! WOOHOO!!

angellionel
11-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Excellent find! It held up relatively well too. Nice going!

MNDigger
11-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Nice going Donna! thumbsup01 Those coins are hard to come by!

Dave
11-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Nice find's, congratulations!

del
11-08-2009, 09:30 PM
hey congrats on the two center Snowy , didn't you just say you wanted one of those :huh:
hey next time you wish for things go big girl . ;)

coinnut
11-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Nice find. I wouldn't do anything with that one except maybe put some wax on it to keep the air from corroding it any more. If you remove that green patina, you won't like what you'll see :grin: So keep the green on it. Nice find. It was dropped fairly new.

Islandhunter
11-08-2009, 09:47 PM
AWESOME day for ya Donna!!! Congrats!!!

OkieDigger
11-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Excellent find Snowy! The two cent is on my wish list.

Beefcake
11-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Sweeet!!! the 2 and 3 center are still on my wish list... Congrats Donna!

Jason in Enid
11-08-2009, 11:27 PM
That's a great find! I've never found a 2-cent coin. Heck, I don't even have one in my collection. thumbsup01

Bentfork
11-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Awesome find!

G.

Snowy
11-09-2009, 05:05 AM
Thanks, guys.

Yes, Del. I had just said the day before how jelous I was over the copper finds I was seeing on here.
It's been a while since I found a copper, so when we headed out, Krom took me to the old farm fields we detect.

I thought the coin was gonna be silver, so I was hoping for a reale.
When I dug it out I knew it was too small for a large cent, so I was hoping for a 2-center.
I saw this coin at the bottom of the hole and almost ran to the truck to get my camera,
but I couldn't stand it... I had to pick it up and see what it was.
Thoughts of the camera had fallen away as soon as I picked it up.
I was engrossed with it, trying to carefully knock some of the crud off so I could catch a glimpse of what it was.
Krom apparently had seen me and came over to me, but I didn't even know it until he was at my side.
Krom found one of these in the garden area of this property a couple years ago and I still hadn't found one,
so it's been on my wish list for quite some time. I'm happy with it.

Coinnut, I think you're right... removing the patina might ruin it, based on its condition.
It's sitting in olive oil for now. I figure the oil can't hurt it.
I'll let it sit in there for a while before I put it away.
I'm surprised at its condition. It held up pretty well, as Angel said.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Epi-hunter
11-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Wow Donna, that is a beautiful coin! No wonder you love that MXT! You and Krom always have great finds during your short detecting trips :shocked04: