PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bremerton, Wa!

bottlecapjack
04-23-2014, 12:33 PM
I am new to this forum. Been a swinger
For a few years now. I go out whenever i get a chance. Would like to meet others in my area, to share techniques, cool finds, etc. Maybe some good hunting areas.

Tony Two-Cent
04-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

Glad you joined the forum, Jack! I hope you find some other detectorists in your area. We are looking forward to your participation on the forum.

Best of luck and happy hunting!

aloldstuff
04-23-2014, 01:13 PM
Welcome from western Ma. Looking forward to your future posts. What are you swinging?

del
04-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Welcome to the forum Jack , as I recall we have a couple of members from the beautiful state of Washington here. I hope you get the chance to meet them , Glad you joined us Jack .

Dan

Timewarpdigger
04-23-2014, 06:15 PM
Welcome and best of luck.. Safe & HH

Epi-hunter
04-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Welcome - great to have you here! :)

coinnut
04-23-2014, 08:10 PM
Welcome aboard from western MA :clapping:Hope you make some good finds this year.

Digger Don
04-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Hello & Welcome from Northern Illinois. Glad to have you aboard.

giant056
04-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the forum from Kalamazoo :thumbsup01:

Skamaniac
04-24-2014, 01:21 AM
Hello from down in the Columbia Gorge on the Washington side. Good to have another on board from the Pacific Northwettest. (Hasn't stopped raining here for 30 hours. So far. Should stop around Tuesday next week.) I don't get up your way much; too much traffic! Good luck with your hunts and post stories and pics of your good finds.

bottlecapjack
04-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Thanks everyone. I hope to gain a lot from this forum. I am still somewhat of an amateur still. I use a cheap detector i got at big 5 and a cheap pinpointer from harbor freight. I want to move on to better machines soon as my finances allow. Its still a lot of fun with what I've got. I have found some really cool stuff. I need mor ideas on places to go!

OxShoeDrew
04-25-2014, 05:52 PM
Need more places to go? :lol: Sounds familiar. Welcome to the group!

coinnut
04-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Thanks everyone. I hope to gain a lot from this forum. I am still somewhat of an amateur still. I use a cheap detector i got at big 5 and a cheap pinpointer from harbor freight. I want to move on to better machines soon as my finances allow. Its still a lot of fun with what I've got. I have found some really cool stuff. I need mor ideas on places to go!

If you want to move up from your present machines, I suggest trying areas that the coins are not deep and collecting your clad finds until you can upgrade your equipment. First place I would start is the kiddie areas (places where woodchips are around kid's swings and climbing gyms) Dig everything there. It is easy digging and you get a lot of change there, but the big benefit is some gold is lost by the parents too. Try and go early morning or when there is a slight rain and no children are present. Another easy area is when there are town fairs or fireworks displays. Check those fields for change and jewelry.

Fire Fighter 43
04-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin.

Boulder
05-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum, from John in NJ. :coffeelaugh: