PDA

View Full Version : Two seated ladies in the same hole!

Rgorman
04-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Haven't been out much yet this year, but I managed to get out on Tuesday April 22 for a few hours. I worked an old church where the original was 1850 and then built the new one in 1890. There is about a hundred old pine trees on the property, anywhere from 100 to 150 years old. I was working around the pine trees, finding very very few targets as Joe Kress has cleaned it out. I did find a real iffy sound at 10 or 11 inches. I could only get the hit one way, right to left. But I tried it anyway. It was a terrible hard dig with 3 roots each as big as a silver dollar, but at ten inches I found the first lady. And she was sitting. 1856 plain dime but is she pretty. I rechecked the hole and got another hit on the sidewall deeper. So I dug alittle more out and I found the second seated lady. 1878 at least AU condition! I am thinking this spill must have come from the early 1880's. I was so excited I couldn't even dectect anymore. That was the oldest spill I've had in the 15 years I've been dectecting! It was time to do the happy dance!!:happydance01:
I wish I could post a picture of the two lovely ladies, but our camera doesn't seem to want to take any photos of my coins. Everything is blurry!! But I had to tell you all about it anyway.

2014 silver coin count 6

coinnut
04-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Wow, double seated in a hole. :perfect10: Maybe running all metal and just digging deep targets that pinpoint as small objects might get you some more interesting finds.

Timewarpdigger
04-24-2014, 07:29 PM
I bet you did the dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy: Congrats!!!

dave in iowa
04-24-2014, 07:42 PM
great day Ron

milco
04-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Way to go on the double seated, super find!!

Digger Don
04-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Great Spill. Congrats on the iffy signal find

Tony Two-Cent
04-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Oh my! That's awesome, Ron! :wow:

I've never found two seated coin in the same day, let alone the same hole! I would love to see them, maybe Joe can take a photo for you.

Congrats on the incredible seated spill! :notworthy:

Longhair
04-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Two seated coins in one day would be great, but two in the same hole.....I'd have a stroke! :lol:

Congratulations!! :thumbsup02:

MangoAve
04-25-2014, 06:54 AM
Wow. Congrats, but You stopped hunting because you got two great finds? I would have kept going. It's not like you can press your luck with this hobby. lol.

Wow, double seated in a hole. Maybe running all metal and just digging deep targets that pinpoint as small objects might get you some more interesting finds.

My detector starts out with discriminator for Iron/Foil automatically. There are two all metal modes but unfortunately they don't give an ID to the find in either of those modes. One is used for pinpointing and only gives one tone. It helps tremendously in the digging aspect ( iron still gives a huge detection area). The other mode I haven't tried, but the difference is that the search coil needs to remain in motion. I would be forced to dig everything if using those modes and I get annoyed as it is for pull-tabs and cans.

giant056
04-25-2014, 09:06 AM
Fantastic :thumbsup02:

coinnut
04-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Wow. Congrats, but You stopped hunting because you got two great finds? I would have kept going. It's not like you can press your luck with this hobby. lol.

My detector starts out with discriminator for Iron/Foil automatically. There are two all metal modes but unfortunately they don't give an ID to the find in either of those modes. One is used for pinpointing and only gives one tone. It helps tremendously in the digging aspect ( iron still gives a huge detection area). The other mode I haven't tried, but the difference is that the search coil needs to remain in motion. I would be forced to dig everything if using those modes and I get annoyed as it is for pull-tabs and cans.

In the method I mentioned, even the good machines would not accurately give you a good tone on the deepest targets. This is a method that you use sparingly in areas that there are not a lot of targets. It is how you can get very deep fringe targets that can be beyond any discrimination your machine can offer. This is one way to get more out of your machine than you think is possible.

Otis Campbell
04-26-2014, 10:13 PM
That is awesome is right! I can only imagine. Very nice!

OxShoeDrew
04-27-2014, 06:06 AM
No problem not having pictures, I can imagine the ladies :daydream::lol: