PDA

View Full Version : Couple silvers for the day!

Beefcake
05-30-2010, 05:03 PM
I went back to a house that I hunted last year... Once again, I did not find any silver with my DFX last year at this house, just some clad and a few wheaties. The house was built in 1895, and is quite large. The front yard is small, but the back yard is quite big. I got all my finds today in the front yard. I would have made a video of the hunt but the owner was being a real lookiloo and was over my shoulder most of the day. He kept wanting to know what the coin was worth that I found... Luckily I found my silver when he wasn't around. The dime looks to have been hit with a mower at some point, and the ring is silver and I think by the way it looks on the edges and stuff that it may have been made from a coin. Here's the pics... That's silver coin #23 for the E-trac and silver ring #4.

CyberSage
05-30-2010, 05:55 PM
That's a way cool ring. Your really starting to rack up the Silver as of late. Sounds like you and that E-Trac were made for each other. Nice hunt Beef!

Ill Digger
05-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Another great hunt Brian!
The bird kinda resembles a thunder bird.
I wounder what the red material is :dontknow: it's cool lookin' 8)
Congrats :grin:

Beefcake
05-30-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm not sure...It is turquise and something. But I've seen that material in that type of jewelry before. The ring looks to be hand made. The bird part seems to be melted onto the other part, but on the edges it almost looks like a laurel of some kind, which made me think it is made from a coin. There is no markings inside of it, but I'm positive it is silver. There was no tarnish on it at all and I got it at about 5 deep.

CyberSage
05-30-2010, 08:27 PM
The other red inlay in the ring I believe is coral. Very common in Silver Indian Jewelry. This ring is really unique.

coinnut
05-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Hey BC. Nice hunt. Silver is your friend lol That ring is the type we used to sell and is probably Turquiose with either Coral, like Jack said, or Red Jasper. Or course if it were a cheapy, it would all be plastic lol We used to get them out of a New York distributor called Blake's. Back in the day it cost about $2.00 and sold for about 6-7 bucks. Keep finding the good stuff Brian thumbsup01

Hook
05-30-2010, 09:20 PM
dude...you're becoming another AngelLionel here. good job on those silvers. You're really getting the feel of that e-trac i see.

Beefcake
05-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks to Angel, Angie, and others that straightened me out with my settings. I really like switching to manual sens... it is running smooth as can be and has been sounding off great! I really love this machine. I'm amazed at how much I missed before. Most likely due to user error with the DFX, but there's no reason I shouldn't have hit that rosie last year. I know I went over that area well and it wasn't that deep ~3.5...well within the range of the DFX. The DFX seemed to be a bit more finicky if the settings were off slightly. I had a spell last year where my program was all jacked up until my buddy straightened it out. What I like the most about this machine is that you really know when it's a quality target and most of the time I know it is a silver signal too.

angellionel
05-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Very nice finds, Brian! That ring is sweet! You are on a roll with the silver now. thumbsup01

hobbes_lives
05-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Very cool ring Brian!!! thumbsup01