PDA

View Full Version : 1775 farm house hunt*1785 Nova Constellatio*3 silvers*a ton of clad

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Kevin (KP Moose) invited me & Todd to come hunt a 1775 standing farm house with him.Was a enjoyable day with alot of targets ,unfortunately we all agreed some fill was brought in and the colonial stuff may be deeper than our coils can reach.there was a ton of trash and we had to dump our pouches a few times.got a 1785 nova constellatio,3 silvers,2 Ih's ,a cool old whistle and almost $3 in clad.everyone walked away with at least one good keeper.
thanks for the invite Kev! had a blast

Digger Don
04-27-2014, 10:20 PM
You guys had a great hunt. Congrats on the Keepers

giant056
04-28-2014, 12:33 AM
Still got a bunch of awesome finds there even though you thought the colonial stuff was too deep :thumbsup02:

Lodge Scent
04-28-2014, 06:37 AM
Not too many hunts when you can find a Constellatio and a handful of gas money !

del
04-28-2014, 06:44 AM
hey haven't you found one of them Nova's already?? love the "scripted U.S." look on them .:smitten:whats the reverse of the lion head look like ??

Bell-Two
04-28-2014, 07:24 AM
Wow that is a great hunt anytime!

MangoAve
04-28-2014, 07:36 AM
Nice hunt. The house looks familiar. Well, I know of two houses that look identical, but they are close to the road. One was bult 1850 and the other I never checked age. I gotta try this week to go knock on a few doors.

You found one of those metal loops that weren't rusted?? I found like three of those in fields and all were rusted.

chief5709
04-28-2014, 07:41 AM
Nice finds Dave! I hate how the date is usually gone on those SLQ's...

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-28-2014, 07:52 AM
hey haven't you found one of them Nova's already?? love the "scripted U.S." look on them .:smitten:whats the reverse of the lion head look like ??
thanks Dan and everyone else.the lion head was a drawer pull i assume as it has a threaded shaft on back side.this is my 2nd nova.the other was barely identifiable

The Rebel
04-28-2014, 09:08 AM
WTG on the Nova Dave.

Timewarpdigger
04-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Nice finds and congrats. Like the lion. Safe & HH

OxShoeDrew
04-28-2014, 12:51 PM
Yeah Dave, the field I was hunting still has the house. Looks very similar to this site. Congrats on all the keepers!

Tony Two-Cent
04-28-2014, 01:00 PM
Great photos as always, Dave!

LOVE that Nova Constellatio! What a great find!

CTTodd
04-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Love the Nova

kpmoose
04-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Kevin (KP Moose) invited me & Todd to come hunt a 1775 standing farm house with him.Was a enjoyable day with alot of targets ,unfortunately we all agreed some fill was brought in and the colonial stuff may be deeper than our coils can reach.there was a ton of trash and we had to dump our pouches a few times.got a 1785 nova constellatio,3 silvers,2 Ih's ,a cool old whistle and almost $3 in clad.everyone walked away with at least one good keeper.
thanks for the invite Kev! had a blast

You are very welcome Dave. I enjoyed hunting with you and Todd. Anytime you want to return, just say the word- there are plenty of areas to explore. I still want to see if there is a cellar hole out in the woods like the property owner had mentioned, but could not give specific details as to where.

I'm still new to MD'ing , so any time I can get out (especially with guys that really know what they are doing) is a good learning experience for me. I was able to find my very first silver coin, a 1875 Seated Liberty dime.:happydance01: I know there will be more, but that one I will never forget. I'm glad I was able to find it while detecting with you & Todd.

I love the Nova. I still can't believe Todd had predicted you would find one. Congrats on some excellent finds.:congrats:

Here's some pics including my finds:3858038581385823858338584

del
04-29-2014, 02:51 AM
You are very welcome Dave. I enjoyed hunting with you and Todd. Anytime you want to return, just say the word- there are plenty of areas to explore. I still want to see if there is a cellar hole out in the woods like the property owner had mentioned, but could not give specific details as to where.

I'm still new to MD'ing , so any time I can get out (especially with guys that really know what they are doing) is a good learning experience for me. I was able to find my very first silver coin, a 1875 Seated Liberty dime.:happydance01: I know there will be more, but that one I will never forget. I'm glad I was able to find it while detecting with you & Todd.

I love the Nova. I still can't believe Todd had predicted you would find one. Congrats on some excellent finds.:congrats:

hey Kevin congrats on the seated dime :clapping: , scotland is a nice area too

wild willy
04-29-2014, 03:37 AM
looks like it was a fun hunt dave! willy

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-29-2014, 09:10 AM

thanks Kev! you are getting to know that machine and your finds are improving! congrats on your 1st silver and a Carson City mint mark makes it even sweeter! gotta be more in those fields besides can slaw.i'd def go back and if we can locate the cellar hole good chance it may be virgin ground

Thiltzy
04-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Good times Kevin and Dave. Big congrats Kevin on your 1st Silver and a good one at that. Carson City mint and even better.
Dave great score on the Nova and yes, I do have psychic abilities. Those warm fuzzy feelings in the gut and now this prediction!!! What are the chances???

MangoAve
04-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Wow, I missed how Dan knew which town it was, but now I realize. I want to go to that small town too. I just haven't made it there yet. I also forgot there was a Carson City mint. I did not gather from the pics, but you were there Dave so you saw coin closer. Very lucky 'cuz CC didn't mint much silver and was only in operation for 19 years.

RobW
04-29-2014, 11:43 AM
:shocked04:...as always...amazing finds..I just don't know how you guys do it over and over again...weekend after weekend.....but good for you:thumbsup01:

pulltabsteve
04-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Awesome Digs Dave!!! Love the Nova Constellatio :clapping:

kpmoose
04-29-2014, 06:19 PM
Wow, I missed how Dan knew which town it was, but now I realize. I want to go to that small town too. I just haven't made it there yet. I also forgot there was a Carson City mint. I did not gather from the pics, but you were there Dave so you saw coin closer. Very lucky 'cuz CC didn't mint much silver and was only in operation for 19 years.

Here's a better pic I just took of the reverse:

coinnut
04-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Congrats on the Nova, a nice copper to find :clapping: Love the whistle too. Great Seated dime Kevin :smitten: A nice way to start your silver collection :groovy:

aloldstuff
04-30-2014, 05:56 AM
Very nice Nova. From reading the posts it seems that this one is an upgrade, :congrats:. All of those coins had the chance to be old ones. Dated or not the SLQ is a great find and that lion head is really cool looking.

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Here's a better pic I just took of the reverse:

beauty kev!

Otis Campbell
05-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Nice finds guys! Every time you guys post your finds I learn another type of coin America made! I get a great education here!

Otis Campbell
05-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Very nice CC dime to KPMoose, hardly ever see those two letters on a coin!

BTV Digger
05-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Nice hunt and sounds like you had fun. Always nice to get a break from swinging through the briars at those old cellars in the woods, and search an open lawn/field.

BTV Digger