PDA

View Full Version : Group hunt 1775 Farm house and field

Thiltzy
04-29-2014, 03:18 PM
Good times hunting with Kevin(kpmoose) and Dave at the 1775 farm that Kevin invited us to. I was very excited for Kevin as he found his first silver and a nice one at that (1875 CC Seated Dime).
Kevin and I work together so he was familiar with the types of finds that Dave and I have made. I think it sparked his interest and that's when he asked me for advice on getting into the hobby. I had taken him to a few hunts and threw him into the fire from day one by taking him to some iron littered cellar holes:lol: I guess that did not deter him as he is now inviting us to sites that he has secured permission to hunt.

It seems that Dave did not mention the story behind the Nova Constellatio coin he found. It's very weird but sometimes while we are driving to a hunt site I will randomly get a feeling prior to the hunt on whether it will be good or not. For some reason I said to Dave that we are going to find a Nova Constellatio coin today and wouldn't you know...:cool:

So here are my finds for the day. Oh, by the way, for those mentioning that I never post the trash welp...here ya go

pulltabsteve
04-29-2014, 05:49 PM
Nice,nice,nice!! Sweet finds for all.:congrats:

Timewarpdigger
04-29-2014, 06:24 PM
Congrats for the finds. I always like a hunt when you find a wide variety of finds. Safe & HH

kpmoose
04-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Good times hunting with Kevin(kpmoose) and Dave at the 1775 farm that Kevin invited us to. I was very excited for Kevin as he found his first silver and a nice one at that (1875 CC Seated Dime).
Kevin and I work together so he was familiar with the types of finds that Dave and I have made. I think it sparked his interest and that's when he asked me for advice on getting into the hobby. I had taken him to a few hunts and threw him into the fire from day one by taking him to some iron littered cellar holes:lol: I guess that did not deter him as he is now inviting us to sites that he has secured permission to hunt.

It seems that Dave did not mention the story behind the Nova Constellatio coin he found. It's very weird but sometimes while we are driving to a hunt site I will randomly get a feeling prior to the hunt on whether it will be good or not. For some reason I said to Dave that we are going to find a Nova Constellatio coin today and wouldn't you know...:cool:

So here are my finds for the day. Oh, by the way, for those mentioning that I never post the trash welp...here ya go

You forgot to mention our first hunt together was a quick hunt after work & you found a GW button. That might have hooked me right there. ;)

Congrats on your military button:clapping:- I forgot what you said it was called, other than I remember you mentioned New York.

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-29-2014, 07:35 PM
hey that button isn't too bad! you been on a military relic role lately.sorry i forgot to mention your psychic premonition about the Nova Constellatio but you were right! Glad we all walked out with some keepers.makes for a great day when everyone has a smile on their face

coinnut
04-29-2014, 07:37 PM
Great Button:groovy: Love finding those. Usually there is some plating left on them. That made the whole hunt there. Can never get enough NY buttons ;)

Bell-Two
04-29-2014, 08:45 PM
Super button and some silver to boot!

del
04-30-2014, 02:34 AM
congrats on the Excelsior (New York Militia button ) they were used from 1805 - 1835 , with the silver and relics you had a very good day Todd . for the future though your suppose to predict yourself finding the old colonial coins :lol:

aloldstuff
04-30-2014, 05:43 AM
Nice hunting Todd. Such a variety, from a Rosie to an early 1800's button.
Here's my prediction - - - you will catch HMN in the GW buttons.

The Rebel
04-30-2014, 08:10 AM
WTG Todd! Love that button!

Thiltzy
04-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Congrats for the finds. I always like a hunt when you find a wide variety of finds. Safe & HH

I agree... Makes it more interesting

Thiltzy
04-30-2014, 10:01 AM
hey that button isn't too bad! you been on a military relic role lately.sorry i forgot to mention your psychic premonition about the Nova Constellatio but you were right! Glad we all walked out with some keepers.makes for a great day when everyone has a smile on their face I was just hoping for gold or silver gilt on the button, still happy with the find.

chief5709
04-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Congrats Todd! that button or any NY button still eludes me...

Thiltzy
04-30-2014, 04:06 PM
Great Button:groovy: Love finding those. Usually there is some plating left on them. That made the whole hunt there. Can never get enough NY buttons ;) Thanks George. Yeah I was hoping for gold or silver plating underneath the crud but no luck on that.

congrats on the Excelsior (New York Militia button ) they were used from 1805 - 1835 , with the silver and relics you had a very good day Todd . for the future though your suppose to predict yourself finding the old colonial coins :lol:My premonition was that "we" would find a Constellatio so I guess that meant either one of us and lucky for Dave it was him. Would have been my 1st Nova but I guess in due time Dan.

Nice hunting Todd. Such a variety, from a Rosie to an early 1800's button.
Here's my prediction - - - you will catch HMN in the GW buttons. That will only happen if we stop hunting together AL :poke:

Congrats Todd! that button or any NY button still eludes me... It was my first Excelsior button Chief. I had only found a excelsior belt plate prior to this button. They are ellusive

OxShoeDrew
05-03-2014, 03:18 PM
...Can never get enough NY buttons ;) I'd like to find one :lol: Super hunt, as usual!

giant056
05-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Awesome bunch of finds you got there Thiltzy :thumbsup02: A big congrats on some great finds!!

.................................................. ...... :congrats:

don in ny
05-03-2014, 08:37 PM
Being from NY I really like that Excelsior button. Always nice to find silver.

Digger Don
05-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Congrats on a great bunch of finds. Nice Silver