PDA

View Full Version : Lost and Found

KCFindIt
04-29-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm very excited. I got a call from a local farmer this afternoon at 5:15. He had been plowing a field and lost a disc. As soon as he realized he had lost the disc, he stopped the tractor and called me. He told me his demise and I immediately dispatched to the location. He had located the disc prior to my arrival, but it was the fittings, washers, and lock nuts that he was in dire need for. So we started down the path that we suspected the items to most likely be. Within an hour, I had located all of the missing parts. The biggest part was found first, followed by about 30 more yards and a few more minutes, where the connector parts were found within feet of each other, all buried and out of view, and all about 100 yds from where the disc was found. Needless to say, he was a pretty happy guy. I even helped him put the disc back on the plow and get him back in action. He offered me money, but I declined, and asked him to let others know about me, if he ever hears of someone losing something. I'm happy!

coinnut
04-29-2014, 08:21 PM
Wow that is some great detecting work Kasey :shocked04: :groovy: Finding small parts thrown around in a field is not easy. You save him a lot of time and effort trying to locate them parts. Great job!!

KCFindIt
04-29-2014, 08:27 PM
Wow that is some great detecting work Kasey :shocked04: :groovy: Finding small parts thrown around in a field is not easy. You save him a lot of time and effort trying to locate them parts. Great job!!Thank you. I give the farmer a lot of credit as well, because he had the fortitude to stop plowing and call me in immediately. If he had waited and/or plowed on through, it is slated to drop 4" of rain on us tonight, so I seriously doubt I would have been able to locate it, else it would have taken much much longer.

del
04-30-2014, 06:25 AM
:clapping::clapping: great job and thanks for being a great ambassador for our hobby Kasey :notworthy:

Tom
04-30-2014, 07:32 AM
Great job Kasey! Made you both feel good I bet. :groovy:

aloldstuff
04-30-2014, 07:39 AM
Excellent job. Being an ambassador for the hobby by doing acts such as this goes a very long way. Kudos

KCFindIt
04-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Thank you all for reading and responding positively. I indeed felt good about this outcome, and I know this farmer will be telling this story to others and I hope I can get some cool permissions to hunt. Far more valuable to me.

Otis Campbell
04-30-2014, 09:43 PM
A good deed is its own reward! Good show, that's the kind of image people need to see from a detectorist!

giant056
05-01-2014, 01:00 AM
That is fantastic, Karma is on your side for sure :thumbsup02: