PDA

View Full Version : A different detecting adventure

Epi-hunter
05-31-2010, 06:19 PM
This sounds stupid but... does anyone else have trouble with disc golf when detecting? :bangahead01: :ticked: It seems like every park I go to, I am constantly in the middle of disc golf players. I run into it time and time again!

So today I'm detecting, trying to stay out of the way of people, when all of a sudden WHACK! I get hit in the back with something! HARD! :shocked04:stretcher: I turn around and on the ground behind me I see:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/epi-hunter/disc.jpg

I look around to find the Thrower of the Disc and lo and behold, two women are scowling at me from on the other side of the field. Thrower yells at me Hey.... STAY OUT of the disc golf course!!

I am looking around in bewilderment. I am in the WOODS! The disc golf goals (or baskets or poles or whatever they're called) are hundreds of feet from me in the open field. Granted, those stupid baskets are everywhere, and I am constantly trying to stay out of the line of fire, but come on.... I am in the TREES!

So I yell back at Thrower If you were trying to hit THAT (pointing to basket) you have horrible aim! And I took the frisbee disc and walked off, with her yelling behind me all the way. It made a good surface to put the dirt on as I dug holes the rest of the afternoon. rofl

coinnut
05-31-2010, 06:37 PM
I think you need eyes in the back of your head lol Things are always sneaking up on you. :shocked01: Isn't it funny how people think they own everything these days. I can't believe the city officials would allow huge chunks of a park to be off limits to everyone else, but one sport. How far does an outfield for a baseball game extend?? Forever :confused: Sooner or later the field ends and the park is for the rest of the people. Same goes for this Frisbee golf game. They can't have the whole park for it. :ticked: Did you really keep the disc? lol....Here's to you bad disc thrower :teasing:.... rofl

Epi-hunter
05-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Yes I kept the disc lol

Cheap Thrills
05-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Yes I kept the disc lol

Good for you Epi :beatdown: :boxing: :ticked: , the way they treated you was pretty disc-gusting !! thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Baba

LEROY
05-31-2010, 10:39 PM
good one lol

Hook
06-01-2010, 06:17 AM
Yes I kept the disc lol

good for you Angie. i can just hear that player muttering...i lose more dang discs that way ..lol

tanacat
06-01-2010, 08:42 AM
So I yell back at Thrower If you were trying to hit THAT (pointing to basket) you have horrible aim! And I took the frisbee disc and walked off, with her yelling behind me all the way. It made a good surface to put the dirt on as I dug holes the rest of the afternoon. rofl

rofl rofl rofl I love it!

Oh, hope you didn't get hurt too bad :huh: (btw, walnuts and osage orange balls falling from trees can be kinda dangerous too) I think I know where you were... yeah, I don't like the stares from them like I'm on their turf... Instead of 'share the road' for us it's 'share the ground' lol

angellionel
06-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Glad you weren't hurt. :shocked01: Keeping the disc - now that is funny. lol I wish I had seen their reaction. lol

Ill Digger
06-03-2010, 12:53 AM
I've never had this problem. There only one around here that I know of. I was a trailer park that was flooded out a few years ago.

lol rofl Good for you !! thumbsup01
That sounds like what I would've done :teasing: lol
I hope your alright.
If your gonna get hit it's a good thing it hit you in the back. Or else you might look like :blackeye:
Full contact MDing :boxing: lol

tanacat
06-03-2010, 07:01 AM
Full contact MDing :boxing: lol

rofl rofl rofl

Btw, I thought a couple 10 yr old boys were throwing walnuts at me the other day. They were walking toward me in a park and then quickly turned the other direction around this house. Then a couple walnuts thumped on the ground close by while I was digging. I was getting #$%^ thought about running around the corner swinging my big 'ol digger/knife (pretty intimidating lol) yelling like a bancheee rofl teach them boys a lesson to mess with a treasure hunter..... when I realized I was UNDER a walnut tree :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile:

SeabeeRon
06-03-2010, 07:00 PM
rofl rofl rofl

Btw, I thought a couple 10 yr old boys were throwing walnuts at me the other day. They were walking toward me in a park and then quickly turned the other direction around this house. Then a couple walnuts thumped on the ground close by while I was digging. I was getting #$%^ thought about running around the corner swinging my big 'ol digger/knife (pretty intimidating lol) yelling like a bancheee rofl teach them boys a lesson to mess with a treasure hunter..... when I realized I was UNDER a walnut tree :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile:

I may have things mixed up (let's blame old age) but Tana's tale reminded me of something from the past about Attack Squirrels! :poke: :boxing:

tanacat
06-04-2010, 09:44 AM
I may have things mixed up (let's blame old age) but Tana's tale reminded me of something from the past about Attack Squirrels! :poke: :boxing:

Well now I'm curious- do tell!

Once I was sitting under a pear tree and a squirrel got territorial. He got directly above me and chewed the baby pears off, trying to hit my head! rofl

Phil
06-14-2010, 06:15 PM
I would have paid money to see that. rofl Out here in the sticks they don't play disc golf or at least I haven't seen them. Remind me to stay on your good side. :clapping:

Hook
06-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Well now I'm curious- do tell!

Once I was sitting under a pear tree and a squirrel got territorial. He got directly above me and chewed the baby pears off, trying to hit my head! rofl

well i was a kid {shocking isnt it? to be this old and still remember kid stuff?} and was squirrel hunting . was on the way out of the woods to meet my dad after he blew the horn to come out., and walked under an oak tree on the trail, only to be hit in the head with a pine cone while under the oak tree. so i backed up and looked...stretched out hiding from me on a big limb was a fox squirrel that had dropped the pine cone on me. he went home with us for dinner :grin: thumbsup01

tanacat
06-17-2010, 07:37 AM
They're feisty little critters aren't they rofl I always did want to raise a baby one... several friends got the privelidge priviledge privelege :huh: Anyway I did raise a baby Opossum though.

Angie- This topic got way off didn't it? lol

leslie(nova scotia)
06-21-2010, 10:27 AM
From the land of the Bluenose....imagine a lot of it is just folks being jerks. Keep your chin up....and eyes open! :behave:

Beefcake
06-27-2010, 12:54 AM
Darn frisbee golfers... I thought we were through playing that in the 7th grade! Ruining parks all around here too! Folks take that stuff serious!