PDA

View Full Version : Weekend cellar hole hunt *3 coppers and some silver*

Thiltzy
05-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Hunting Saturday and Sunday really wiped me out and the infestation of gnats flying around our heads was just brutal:crying02:It goes with the territory so I am starting to get used to it.
So we checked out a couple new sites that Dave and I had never been to. Kudos to Dave for getting us permission onto some private woods that we knew would be hiding some cellar holes. When we were done with the hunts, we stopped at the home of the gentleman that granted us permission to show him our finds. He welcomed us into his home and enjoyed a glass of Pepsi as he looked over our finds. He is a WWII vet and really enjoyed the history of what we found.
All three of my coppers are shot but were still fun to dig. The state copper is either a Connecticut or Vermont dunno. Not sure what the long silver plated piece is but it has the name "Lena Webber" stamped into it. Also found part of a knee buckle frame with applied silver on it, it would have been a beauty had it been complete.

The last picture of Dave is typical of my long rides home after a days hunt:rofl: Some wing man:poke:

Bell-Two
05-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Man Todd you must have flat worn Dave out! Nice stuff there good coppers and some silver makes a nice hunt.

coinnut
05-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Sweet....3 coppers :clapping: Looks like a great place to hunt.

milco
05-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Great finds there! Dave is just as efficient as possible, time in the car = sleep, = more time for detecting!!

Digger Don
05-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Very nice assortment of finds. Very Cool

del
05-06-2014, 04:33 AM
aaawwww.... sssshhhhhhh don't wake sleeping beauty :lol::rofl: great picture Todd.congrats on the 3 coppers :cheering::thumbsup02: and some great looking relics

Dave don't feel bad after our usual friday Pequot hunts i'm the same way , of course i've been up all night before our hunts because i work 3rd shift:lol:.

aloldstuff
05-06-2014, 06:50 AM
Todd, nice hunting. Three more coppers and that Barber is sweet looking. I am thinking that Dave was up all night cleaning his previous finds...

MangoAve
05-06-2014, 07:02 AM
aaawwww.... sssshhhhhhh don't wake sleeping beauty :lol::rofl:

Does he need more beauty rest? :lol:

Congrats on the finds. Many buttons. I believe it looks more like "Wenber" than "Webber" (I could be wrong but it looks too close to be two r's next to each other and it looks more like the 'n' from 'Lena') The name doesn't come up in google so your best bet is to look up the historical map from the town where you hunted and see if there is a homestead with that name. I noticed it's weird but most of the roads were named in the mid-late 1800's based upon the families living...at least in the same town if not the same street. The dime is in real good shape. The IH's looks fairly nice. At least the other coppers have some detail left.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-06-2014, 08:34 AM
you jerk! wow! lmao! i'll get ya! how embarrassing lol here's my finds.a toasted copper and 1st time i found a horseshoe that hasn't brought me a real good keeper.shot copper and a nice escutcheon lock plate

RobW
05-06-2014, 08:46 AM
:shocked04:...ya'll are killing it this year:pirate:

OxShoeDrew
05-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Fantastic work Todd...I love the lighting on Dave's face :lol: Wonderful hunt you had there....well worth the bugs etc.

giant056
05-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Nice old coppers and great score on the silver :thumbsup02:

Lodge Scent
05-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Nice digs !

kpmoose
05-06-2014, 09:50 PM
VERY nice finds Todd. You guys are killing it so far this year.

I think the next contest should be "Describe what Dave is dreaming of" ... :lol: Funniest post wins. Sorry Dave, couldn't resist.

don in ny
05-08-2014, 11:00 AM
So jealous of the colonials you find.

The Rebel
05-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Was wondering when I'd see your post Todd! WTG on the finds!

Better be nice to Dave as he might plant a fake Fugio for you to find :rofl:

kray
05-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Great finds!

CTTodd
05-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Great hunt and finds. Dave's picture is a classic. It should read "home please" under it

Timewarpdigger
05-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Congrats on the finds. Unbelievable and I guess it was to much for to handle. Safe & HH