PDA

View Full Version : Detecting today

coinnut
11-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Nothing exciting showed up at this hunt, even though it was in the middle of 3 colonial vacant houses. My buddy got permission from the authorities there. They were piced clean a while back. Plus I believe some gravel was brougt in under the first 4 inches of top soil. Add to that they buried their trash all over :grin: :grin: So, my E Trac struggled and falsed a lot. Nothing past 6 here. But did get a nice 1920 D Wheat. Seems the more worn out the penny when dropped, the better it holds up. Weather was great.

MNDigger
11-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Congrats on the great looking wheat! We all have those days when a good looking site just doesn't pay out like it should!

angellionel
11-08-2009, 10:01 PM
That wheat is in better shape than the ones I have been digging up lately. :huh: Nice. It really was a beautiful day. We need more of such days.

OkieDigger
11-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I was going to say that it looks better than the ones I usually see dug around there. Glad to you could get out.

Epi-hunter
11-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Still a nice day out. It was a beautiful day here too, but I wasn't able to go detecting :(

What's the thing in the upper right corner?

del
11-09-2009, 02:22 PM
whats going on , just the other day you were complaining about finding a wheatie while searching for large coppers and now your actively seeking them out :cheesysmile: ;) ah the old reverse psychology detecting tactic ;) looking for wheats in hopes that large copper or two will spring up , i got ya . thumbsup01

Dan

Dave
11-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Glad to hear that you got out. Nice looking wheatie!

coinnut
11-09-2009, 06:51 PM
What's the thing in the upper right corner?

That thing in the corner is me, trying to make it look like a more successful hunt :grin: It's actually a lead seal that utility companies use on their meters, so no one tampers with them. Probably an electric meter seal. Usually I don't post my junkier finds, but I worked hard digging that one ;) The E Trac was having a hard time at that location. I didn't have a set up for all that EMI along with lots of gravel. I was unprepared :rolleyes: But there is always tomorrow :)

coinnut
11-09-2009, 06:54 PM
whats going on , just the other day you were complaining about finding a wheatie while searching for large coppers and now your actively seeking them out :cheesysmile: ;) ah the old reverse psychology detecting tactic ;) looking for wheats in hopes that large copper or two will spring up , i got ya . thumbsup01

Dan

Actually, sitting between those 3 colonials, I was really, really looking for those coppers. But after a couple of hours with no luck, you have to soften your stance ;) By the end I was begging for Wheaties :grin: :grin: crying01

Epi-hunter
11-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Well it's reassuring to know that even the pros have tough days :grin: That area sure sounded promising though.

I was embarrassed to ask what that meter seal was, because I had seen it before and should have known. :rolleyes:

marchas45
11-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Nice finds coinnut I know the feeling of gravel fill my house is loaded with it and it's a tough dig. Congrats again on your finds. thumbsup01