PDA

View Full Version : Another CT member it seems

Twobit
05-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Hello all and thanks for the knowledge I've already gleaned from your pages. I'm a history nut from central CT who has recently caught the bug. I have been fascinated by the hunt for spaces that have remained unchanged for hundreds of years but only recently realized that I should be out there inspecting them. I have some good leads lined up and lots of permission requests queued up but there's much I have to learn.

Lou

Boulder
05-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum, from John in NJ. :coffeelaugh:

Skamaniac
05-07-2014, 12:11 AM
Hello and welcome from Washington state. The bug you acquired is incurable, by the way.

giant056
05-07-2014, 05:38 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kalamazoo Mi :thumbsup02:

del
05-07-2014, 06:18 AM
Hello and welcome to the hobby and the forum Lou. what machine are you swinging now ?? There is a lot of local members all around you area and a large club that meets the second Tuesday of every month in Whethersfield.

Dan

aloldstuff
05-07-2014, 06:46 AM
Welcome from western MA. There are a lot of members from CT and they do post some great finds. Looking forward to your future finds.

lee
05-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Whethersfield. ? where is that then del ? its just as well your good looking coz you cant spell for @&#% lol......love ya mate.
welcome twobit, im from "whethersfield" just down the road from you , i used to work behind the meat case at wholefoods in west hartford but now im in the glastonbury store.
if you ever fancy a hunt gis a bell mate and we will go out somewhere.
lee.

MangoAve
05-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Whethersfield. ? where is that then del ? its just as well your good looking coz you cant spell for @&#% lol......love ya mate.

What was it while detecting there was a mention of English and English (American)? oh wait.... they are spelled the same in both languages. :hystericallaugh:

coinnut
05-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Welcome aboard Lou from western MA. Del (Dan) and I do some work with archaeologists in CT, and have been helping preserve some history of the early battlefields in our area. Whatever machine you have, someone here can help you with the basics of operating it.

OxShoeDrew
05-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Welcome from a county or two to your east. I hope you enjoy the site.

RobW
05-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Another "Hidi Hodi" from Western MA :waving:

Lots of us from the area on here...then again this forum was founded here...but ALL are welcome :grouphug:

Digger Don
05-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Hello and Welcome from Northern Illinois

Twobit
05-07-2014, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome all. I really look forward to meeting up with others and learning some. I'd also happily donate my time to some archeologists. I know the anthropology staff at CCSU as I was one if their victims...errm..students...be cool if I could help out Dr. Feder.
Right now I'm learning my Ace 350 and I think I've got a decent feel for it. I'm working on my ability to differentiate when to go for the deeper stuff and when to pass. I'm always curious and I love trying to figure out the "story" of a small area based on the things I find in it....so it's hard to not dig...

This hobby is clearly addictive as I keep losing focus while driving because I'm busy looking for juicy spots to investigate...

Fire Fighter 43
05-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin

OxShoeDrew
05-09-2014, 04:30 PM
I ran the ace 350 and remember it being a seriously deep machine.

Twobit
05-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Well, it's all I know but I have found pennies at 8 inches. I'm not sure how that compares to others. I use it with no discrimination and avoid the specialized modes because I figure I need to learn its voice. Once I found what appears to be a burned down barn and had to tune out the hundreds of old nails that seemed to outnumber the grass...but I feel like I must have missed something interesting.

Timewarpdigger
05-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Welcome and good luck. You have a lot of stiff competition up there. Safe & HH

Tony Two-Cent
05-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

It sounds like you have been bitten by the metal detecting bug! You seem to be well on your way to learning your Ace 350. Definitely lots of history up there in CT and many sites to investigate.

Best of luck and be sure to keep us posted on your progress! :yes: