PDA

View Full Version : Hunt with the Dirt Digging crew and a solo hunt nets me some colonial coppers

Thiltzy
05-12-2014, 07:07 PM
I had some time off from work last week so I decided to go on a quick solo hunt and scored me a beat up Connecticut copper.
Dave and I also had a chance to hook up with the Dirt Digging Crew from Idaho and I have to say that it was a great time. Frank, Dave and myself met up with Brandon, Eric and TJ at some new spots that Dave and Frank had set their sights on. It was good times with lots of laughs, war stories and new discoveries made that day. I ended up with two more coppers that day, an 1817 Matron and another Connecticut copper which made it 3 CT's coppers for the week. Two thimbles with one being silver and a pocket full of buttons. It was actually my 1st silver thimble that I have dug.
Big thanks to Dave and Frank for organizing the hunts.

giant056
05-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Fantastic bunch of finds you got there thiltzy :thumbsup02:

................... :congrats:

Timewarpdigger
05-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Congrats for the finds and bet it was a good time had by all. Safe & HH

CTTodd
05-12-2014, 08:02 PM
I was told that you guys almost walked them to death getting to the holes and that big fun was had by all. Your weeks finds were impressive. As always I'll add.

Bell-Two
05-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Great finds Todd, man I love to see them big coppers! Nice thimbles and button.....fantastic finds!

Thiltzy
05-12-2014, 09:30 PM
I was told that you guys almost walked them to death getting to the holes and that big fun was had by all. Your weeks finds were impressive. As always I'll add.
Yeah, we did walk them to death. at one point we didn't think we were going to find the second cellar hole but, than at around 5:00pm, I found the second cellar hole and that's when Eric found one of the most gorgeous complete brass shoe buckles I had ever seen. Eric was so happy. He said it made his entire trip all worth it.

Also, thank you to the other posters who commented on this thread. Thanks guys.

MangoAve
05-13-2014, 06:23 AM
Congrats on the finds. I have yet to find a thimble. It's not on my list, but a silver is still a silver.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-13-2014, 07:26 AM
nice finds! would love to get back to the 2nd site at some point.had a blast

ODA 226
05-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Beautiful coppers!

Otis Campbell
05-13-2014, 10:26 AM
Those are just awesome, you have great places to hunt!

OxShoeDrew
05-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Boy oh boy, by 5pm I'm napping :lol: Glad you were able to show those people a good time. Congrats on the load.

Tony Two-Cent
05-13-2014, 01:43 PM
Wonderful finds as always, Todd! Nice pile of coins and relics!

You have no idea how thrilled I would be if I could find just ONE colonial item, even if it was just a button or a common buckle.

Man, am I ever envious of all the history that surrounds you guys up there! :envious:

Thiltzy
05-13-2014, 02:59 PM
Wonderful finds as always, Todd! Nice pile of coins and relics!

You have no idea how thrilled I would be if I could find just ONE colonial item, even if it was just a button or a common buckle.

Man, am I ever envious of all the history that surrounds you guys up there! :envious:
Any chance you get up this way Tony send me a message and you will get your wish.

del
05-13-2014, 03:08 PM
congrats Todd , post a good close up of the nice Ct . and i bet we can attribute a variety.congrats on the finds .

Any chance you get up this way Tony send me a message and you will get your wish.

George and I have offered Tony and a few others an open invitation when they make the trip out this way, to take them to some colonial sites. the only stipulation is that the there is no resting until they have a copper and a nice colonial relic.

no pressure Tony :lol:

Thiltzy
05-13-2014, 05:06 PM
congrats Todd , post a good close up of the nice Ct . and i bet we can attribute a variety.congrats on the finds .

Have at it Dan. Hope these pics are good enough. Don't ask for a reverse pic because it is completely wiped out

kray
05-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Great digs! That Ct looks amazing.

Lodge Scent
05-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Another nice hunt :congrats:

del
05-13-2014, 10:20 PM
Have at it Dan. Hope these pics are good enough. Don't ask for a reverse pic because it is completely wiped out

your in luck Todd the "crosses" made it pretty easy to id as it looks like a Miller 19-g.4. a common type but it only has one reverse type.

Thiltzy
05-14-2014, 06:35 AM
your in luck Todd the "crosses" made it pretty easy to id as it looks like a Miller 19-g.4. a common type but it only has one reverse type.
Easy enough Dan. Thnx a mill