PDA

View Full Version : today's bling

randy
06-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Had a little time this morning for a quick clad and bling pounding hunt. First target rang beautifully in the low range with a 'dig me I'm a gold ring kinda sound', and what came out of the ground looked pretty sweet -- like a gold earring and a silver ring with stones. :happydance01:

But both turned out to be junk :bangahead01: -- it was actually the silver looking ring that gave the low tone, and the gold thing didn't ring at all (-40 or so on the White's scale).

Did manage to pull one silver ring with some sort of green stone, tho, so all was not lost.

coinnut
06-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Hey, at least you got a little time to hunt. Too bad about the combo ring/earring. :ticked: But that Sterling ring is nice. Can't see the stone well enough to see if there are any lines in it, but if it does, it could be Malachite, if not it could be Chrysocolla or Aventurine and probably a bunch of others as well lol Nice short hunt Randy.

Ill Digger
06-03-2010, 03:57 PM
To bad about the impostors but sterling is always a welcome sight thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

KirkPA
06-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Hey, Randy, do you hunt fields in Chester county? I was wondering, do you dig any Irish coppers?

Kirk

randy
06-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Hey, Randy, do you hunt fields in Chester county? I was wondering, do you dig any Irish coppers?

I hunt some (not as much as I'd like to). Never found an Irish copper. Found a VT, a couple of CTs, and some KG IIs and IIIs. A few that are just worn disks as well :mad:, more than I'd like to admit.

Are you in Southeast PA?

tanacat
06-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Hey that's a nice ring! it looks like malachite to me... Sorry about your double disappointment crying01

KirkPA
06-04-2010, 12:44 PM
I hunt some (not as much as I'd like to). Never found an Irish copper. Found a VT, a couple of CTs, and some KG IIs and IIIs. A few that are just worn disks as well :mad:, more than I'd like to admit.

Are you in Southeast PA?

I am in Perry county.

Kirk