PDA

View Full Version : Best Weekend Ever / BIG Silver & Little Indians

DiggerAl
05-18-2014, 10:27 PM
This weekend me and my dad decided to try some towns we never been to before near our cottage in Wisconsin. The first town we went to, the park yielded 1 wheat and maybe $0.15 in clad. Across the street there was the village hall (Built in the 1850's), I decided to do the parkway, and got a really nice 12-47, 12-48 like 5-7 inches, so I figured, maybe silver, maybe clad. When I dug it I saw a beautiful, large silver rim in the hole, then pulled it out and saw 1897, and saw the stars around the side. ANOTHER barber half. The first words out of my dad's mouth: "They're not going to believe this". Later that day we got permission to do a house that the parkway where the guy was digging up the grass for a garden, so about three inches of digging was already done for us. I found 2 Indians and a wheat in less than ten minutes, one of the Indians is in awesome shape. Sunday we started heading back home, and we stopped at more towns, and I found a few more wheats, but my dad's back was hurting, so I had the E-trac. Then I got a signal and I just knew. I dug it, and pulled up a 1946 rosie. Later that day I got a 12-13 about 4 inches or so and I knew I had a nickel, I just thought it was clad. I dug it up, and saw the Indian's head sitting on top of my 4 inch plug. 1937 Buffalo nickel, not bad to end the day. Ended up with about 11 wheaties, $5.00 in clad, 1 barber half, 2 Indians, a buffalo, and a rosie. Not a bad weekend for us at all.

Full Metal Digger
05-19-2014, 07:09 AM
Congratulations! Looks like you have joined the successful e-trac owners club! You are really mastering your machine quite well.

Tony Two-Cent
05-19-2014, 07:27 AM
No doubt about it, you are really becoming one with that E-Trac, Alec! You're finding awesome coins on a regular basis now!

Congrats on all of those wonderful finds, especially that Barber Half! :loveit:

:congrats:

tanacat
05-19-2014, 08:14 AM
:wow: congrats on all that variety! Esp the BIG silver :happydance02: I bet you were doing some happy dances!
I've only found one Barber half in 5 yrs hunting...

del
05-19-2014, 07:27 PM
:wow:whats the old saying "Like Father ,Like son" well done on that big o' chunk of silver :smitten:Al

giant056
05-20-2014, 02:39 AM
Awesome score on the barber half and other old coins :thumbsup02:
.................... :congrats:

aloldstuff
05-20-2014, 02:19 PM
Great hunting and I hope you pop's back is okay. Fantastic that you've gotten 2 Barber halves.

Cheap Thrills
05-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Great work !!:congrats:

Timewarpdigger
05-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Congrats for the finds!! The barber looks great. Awesome. Safe & HH