PDA

View Full Version : Overalls Button?

Skamaniac
05-21-2014, 10:44 PM
I was hunting an old sawmill site that was in operation around 10's to 30's or 40's. I got a hit under a bunch of moss. I removed about 2" of moss and found a concrete block that had been part of the foundation. So I flipped the block out of the hole and this button was staring up at me. At first I thought I'd found a coin. It's just a tad smaller than a penny. I suspect it's from a pair of overalls from the time the mill shut down late 30's - early 40's, but I cant find anything on BB overalls or buttons.

If anyone knows anything about this button I'd appreciate hearing it.

Also recovered an single-bit axe head I'm derusting this week.

Full Metal Digger
05-22-2014, 12:51 PM
Interesting find. Try Brown's Beach coats and vests. Might be the same company.

Tony Two-Cent
05-22-2014, 02:10 PM
First thing I thought of was Bugle Boy jeans, but those were from the 1980s. ;)

del
05-22-2014, 02:18 PM
whats the back look like Skamaniac ??

Skamaniac
05-22-2014, 02:46 PM
whats the back look like Skamaniac ??

I found a photo on Bing images of a bunch of vintage union made buttons and a BB button one of them, but no description of the company. I attached a photo of the button back, but it's a little blurry.

Skamaniac
05-22-2014, 02:53 PM
Interesting find. Try Brown's Beach coats and vests. Might be the same company.

All the images of Brown's Beach buttons I've found spell out the name.

Tony Two-Cent
05-22-2014, 03:04 PM
I see your button in the lower left corner of the image in this article from Collector's Weekly, but no indication of the manufacturer.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/55789-work-clothes-overall-buttons?in=all

(You can click on the photo in the article to enlarge it.)

Full Metal Digger
05-22-2014, 03:10 PM
I see your button in the lower left corner of the image in this article from Collector's Weekly, but no indication of the manufacturer.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/55789-work-clothes-overall-buttons?in=all

That's a great picture Tony! I found it interesting to read some of the other names on the buttons too. What a variety!

del
05-22-2014, 03:52 PM
That's a great picture Tony! I found it interesting to read some of the other names on the buttons too. What a variety!

I agree Tony great link with picture I may barrow that link for the resource guide page in the relic section if thats alright with you?? nice work :notworthy:

the only info I found was its definitely a early 20th century button.

Skamaniac
05-22-2014, 05:53 PM

Thanks, Tony. That is the same image that I mentioned finding earlier. So far it's the ONLY image of that button I can find. It's hard to believe it's so hard to find a pic with info on this thing. I'll check with the guy in his 90's that told me where to find this sawmill site. He might remember seeing this brand back in the day.