PDA

View Full Version : Early week review as I'm headed on some R & R

wisconsin digger
05-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Have to cut my week short as I am heading Upnorth (Wisconsin) for the 1st time this year. Did not get out much this week but I found a couple of spots that may be nice areas. I hunted an old park that my Dad used to hunt. I tried it twice before with little luck. This time I decided to hunt with a little better attitude (slower) and I found an old Wheatie (29D) I new then I had some chance at a silver or two. I only had about an hour so I focused on that spot exclusively. Luck would have it as I found a well worn Merc (1917) and a Rosie in the same area. I returned there yesterday for a longer hunt and was frustrated I could only manage several Wheaties. No way I found the only two silver left. I decided to head back to the car when I got an OK 12-44 range signal. It was deep enough to be a silver dime and it was a 40's Merc. I moved the coli a foot or so and got the same signal, yep another Merc and two more small moves from the original Merc netted a Buffalo and one more Merc. Always strange when you have hunted for 2 or 3 hours with few finds and just about quitting time you find 4 nice coins. Earlier the same day I hit a completely new Park I never hunted before. the Park looks old but has tons of evidence of landfills. despite that drawback I did find a Rosie so I will hit it again with more time. Thx and everyone have a great Holiday weekend as I know I will even without the detector. Wisconsin Digger

Timewarpdigger
05-23-2014, 06:51 PM
Congrats for the finds. Always nice to find silver and finding great finds always seem to come at the very end of a dig for me too. Safe & HH

Tony Two-Cent
05-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Lots of silver there! Your persistence paid off!

:congrats:

coinnut
05-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Nice haul of silver :clapping: Yep, finding the good coins has a tendency to happen when you are about to leave. I figure it's the parks way of making you come back another day :lol: It happens at cellar holes too. :rolleyes: Gives up just enough to make you want a return trip.