PDA

View Full Version : Saturday cellar hole hunt with Todd* Civil war general service eagle button

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-25-2014, 05:08 AM
Todd and myself went back to an area that contained a few cellar holes.In the past Frank and me had hit these but there was one real trashy cellar hole that we avoided like the plague that me and Todd did our best at.We worked slow and listened amongst all the iron and was able to pull some keepers out.Todd got a nice seated dime and my find of the day was a Civil War GS eagle button.one interesting item is the half of eagle wing which looks like it was attached to something.any idea's Dan? or anyone?

another site built into a hill side gave up a lead bag seal and a matching pair of victorian era? shoe type buckles which both have leather attached.and last site which was the oldest gave up the large tombac button.
hiked our butts off and the mosquito's & gnats were ridiculous.

Lodge Scent
05-25-2014, 06:54 AM
You have a really cool assortment of finds there Dave. I wonder what that big handle looking thingy is?

Bell-Two
05-25-2014, 07:45 AM
Wow what a nice collection of finds, a little bit of everything just like a good home made soup! Like the sheep figure really neat.

giant056
05-25-2014, 07:51 AM
Very nice bunch of relics you got there :thumbsup02: The toad looks like he was enjoying himself :grin:

del
05-25-2014, 12:19 PM
one interesting item is the half of eagle wing which looks like it was attached to something.any idea's Dan? or anyone?

Dave it looks as though is of this ...

an 1833 Dragoon cap plate

http://hglanham.tripod.com/uscavalry/cavalryinsignia.html

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-25-2014, 04:47 PM
holy crap thanks Dan! shame the whole plate wasn't there

Timewarpdigger
05-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Wow what a day of great finds. congrats. Safe & HH

The Rebel
05-27-2014, 12:33 PM
WTG Dave. The bugs are getting pretty thick lately.