PDA

View Full Version : You Just never know...

Pastpursuits
05-26-2014, 04:12 PM
I got out for a 2 hour hunt in the woods today with the Spectra V3i and found some brass and lead.

One of them was kind of old
Union Metallic Cartridge Company

In 1854, Jacob Schuyler, Marcellus Hartley and Malcomb Graham formed the Schuyler, Hartley & Graham Sporting Goods Company in New York City. Destined to become one of the largest sporting goods houses in the world, it provided cartridges and rifles produced by other manufacturers to the Union Army during the Civil War and amassed a fortune. In 1866, the company acquired two small cartridge companies, and the following year re-incorporated as the Union Metallic Cartridge Company (UMC) in Bridgeport, Connecticut. By 1900, Hartley was the sole owner of the company.

U.M.C. known as the Union Metallic Cartridge Company was founded in 1867 by Marcellus Hartley in Bridgeport, Connecticut. They manufactured a variety of shells up until 1911 at which time the company was merged with Remington.

Thanks for looking!

PP

coinnut
05-26-2014, 05:20 PM
It's always nice to get out and detect in the woods. We find a lot of shells and lead, but some of the best coins can be out there too! Keep at the woods and you may hit a few. Here is a link from our relic section to shot gun shell manufacturers. They are very collectable and some quite rare.

http://members.shaw.ca/cartridge-corner/shotgun.htm

Digger Don
05-26-2014, 05:25 PM
Cool finds. It still amazes me that I occasionally find one those in a village PARK.
Congrats

Lodge Scent
05-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Nice. I like those old brass. I found a couple of "Robin Hood" shells last year. When I am at a new site and I am finding lots of shotgun brass, it's usually a good sign no one has detected there before :thumbsup01:

Timewarpdigger
05-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Although they aren't worth much you still can appreciate their age. Congrats!! Safe & HH

Pastpursuits
05-26-2014, 08:03 PM
It's always nice to get out and detect in the woods. We find a lot of shells and lead, but some of the best coins can be out there too! Keep at the woods and you may hit a few. Here is a link from our relic section to shot gun shell manufacturers. They are very collectable and some quite rare.

http://members.shaw.ca/cartridge-corner/shotgun.htm

I was going for coins but with that few of targets I like to dig everything! Thanks for the link!

Great Forum & HH

Bell-Two
05-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Nice head stamp I always enjoy finding types I have not found before.

aloldstuff
05-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Where were you, a shooting range....:lol:

I always keep my head stamps and one day I started to research them but they are way to confusing for me.