PDA

View Full Version : Back to swinging

bob_e99
05-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Let me get started with an apology for being absent from the forum for a while. Unlike previous New England winters where I could get out and detect, this past winter was cold and snowy so being unable to detect, I got sidetracked finishing up various projects around the house some of which I am still trying to complete. Having put detecting on the back burner for the winter unfortunately diminished some of my enthusiasm for it however I still very much enjoy it and hope the warm weather will get me back into it once I get out more.

Next, I hope that everyone has had a good first half of 2014. I’m not superstitious but for personal reasons, 2013 was a year that I would like to forget.

I haven’t been out too much so far (about 20 times) so I’ll just give a summary of my finds to date. Things started off slowly and I didn’t find my first silver until my son Matt came to visit for Easter. My first silver was a 1903 Barber dime along with two small rings and Matt found a really nice 1919 Merc.

After that the silver came along slowly with some Rosies, a Merc and several more rings and then my first quarter of the year. The large ring is a monster of a ring and boy did it ring up nicely on the E-trac.

Continued ....

bob_e99
05-30-2014, 03:21 PM
I can't seem to get the second half posted. Maybe too many pictures? I guess I'll wait until tomorrow.

geodehunter
05-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Congrats. on your finds so far this year. :clapping:

del
05-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Hey Bob no apologies needed ,I agree this past winter was a cold one just glad to see you back and showing off the "goods" again . Looks to me your doing just great so far Bob :clapping::congrats:

Dan

Timewarpdigger
06-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Congrats for the finds. Getting a barber for your first silver find is really nice. Safe & HH

bob_e99
06-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond to my post. The temps are climbing, the mosquitos are biting and the poison ivy is attacking. I thing it's going to be a long summer.

aloldstuff
06-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Your finds for the year so far are great. That ring next to the stack of quarters is a real honker. I'll be moving on to your "continued" post now....:congrats:

Tony Two-Cent
06-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Nice to see a post from you, Bob! Congrats on all that silver! That 1903 Barber Dime has great detail on it. I really like that wide silver ring too.

:perfect10: