PDA

View Full Version : Back to swinging - continued

bob_e99
05-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Ok. Couldn't figure out how to add this to my previous post. Probably too many pictures.

Finally, this past Memorial holiday I drove up to New York to visit my son and he was a great host. He brought me to some of his best sites which he may be regretting now. The first day on one site didn’t yield anything for either of us but the second day at the same site my first target turned out to be a Kay Jeweler’s gift coin. My second target was a silver which got me excited and not having my eyes on, I called Matt over. I was expecting maybe a Barber since it would match up to other coins he had been finding at the site. When I saw and heard his reaction, I knew it had to be better and it turned out to be just my second seated liberty quarter. Same year (1877) as my first but in far better shape and with a Carson City mint mark. That just made my whole trip a cloud nine experience as I very honestly never expected to find another one. Ironically, Matt had just finished telling me how it was at the top of his list of coins to find. Until Matt found a Merc later in the hunt, I thought I might be walking home. In the next few days I came up blank for silver and Matt found a silver Canadian dime. All in all, it was a wonderful trip with great food and some great time spent with my son.

Thanks for looking.

del
05-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Bob :shocked03: what a great looking quarter , the CC mints are out in "force" this weekend:perfect10:

freemindstuck
05-30-2014, 08:28 PM
Wow, that is one sweet looking seated! :perfect10: :congrats:

BTV Digger
05-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Awesome Seated Q! I've never found one of those and I can just imagine your excitement when you pulled it out of the ground.

BTV Digger

z118
05-31-2014, 06:26 AM
This is why you don't take your dad to you best spots! On the drive there we were talking about past finds and I specifically mentioned that a seated quarter was my single most wanted coin at this point, as I have yet to find one. So what does my dad do? Dig one up at my sweet spot maybe 20 minutes into the hunt! As he mentioned, he didn't even know what he had until he called me over to take a look and upon seeing it I called him a variety of colorful names that really no one should use for their poor old man! Yikes! The look on his face when I finally said "seated quarter" was pretty fun to see though. I was glad to at least get a Merc later in the hunt. And honestly, the best part about the whole hunt is that should my dad ever even think about complaining that I don't take him to my good spots or that I'm always out-hunting him then the words "seated quarter" will fly out of my mouth so fast his head will spin! LOL

I still have yet to post my digs from our fun weekend - work has been too nuts. Hopefully I can get them posed today after getting out for a little swing time myself.

Happy hunting

OxShoeDrew
05-31-2014, 06:37 AM
"...upon seeing it I called him a variety of colorful names that really no one should use for their poor old man! Yikes...":lol:
Sounds like you guys had a great time! ...and some sweet keepers to boot!

milco
06-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Awesome lookin' finds, congrats on the CC quarter!!

Timewarpdigger
06-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Congrats for the finds and the time well spent. Safe & HH

bob_e99
06-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Thank you everyone for taking time to post a comment. Finding a seated, especially one in decent condition, does bring a nice warm fuzzy feeling.

Dan,

Good to see that you got through the winter and are still swinging.

Matt,

Yes, I have to bite my tongue now when I think that you're bringing me to your 'C' sites. Seriously, though, the hunting sites could not have been better. Every one of them had great potential even if the targets were sparse at times. Thanks again for everything.

Good hunting to everyone.

Bob

geodehunter
06-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Doesn't get any better then that. That's memories that you both will have together.

aloldstuff
06-04-2014, 06:39 AM
What a great seated quarter and its a CC. Just like Matt, that coin is on my wish list. :congrats: on your keepers.

Tony Two-Cent
06-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Incredible 1877-CC Barber Quarter, Bob! :notworthy:

Wow, that is one beautiful find! Not much wear on it. I would definitely be on cloud nine too! I am still looking for my first Carson City coin.

Congrats on the spectacular finds! :perfect10: