PDA

View Full Version : Comical Amount of Buckles

OxShoeDrew
06-04-2014, 02:32 PM
My normal detecting routine is to swing an hour or two between events. Not this time... I set out to detect until my arms fell off :loveit:
...but one almost did. I think I aggravated some tendinitis :disgusted: Do you folks use only one arm? I switch after a few hours. I'll have to stay on my right arm exclusively for a week or so to let my lefty mend. Interesting post huh? :lol:
Anyway, here are the goods...
1800s Indian (I forgot the date:lol: I'd remember if it was an 1877 Tony;))
No date Classic head
2 late wheats
1940 dog tag (I didn't have this town yet, I'm trying to collect all the towns in my county)
Cape chain clasp
10 brass tack buckles (and one iron)
Rosette
Tootsie roadster that looks like it had an accident
Only one button :shocked01:
Thanks for looking, Drew

Skamaniac
06-04-2014, 04:15 PM
That is a load of buckes! Quite an outing you had there.

I switch arms every 1/2 hour or so because I've torn both biceps in the past and switching keeps them from getting fatigued.

Lodge Scent
06-04-2014, 07:57 PM
That is a load of buckles Drew! I think you found the remains of a whole harness or something like that. Nice hit on the Classic Head. Not a common find!

I tend to swing about 3 hours with my left arm then once I start switching, it's about 30 minutes per arm. Just not enough gristle left between the joints !

Bell-Two
06-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Gosh did you find a buckle factory site :lol:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-04-2014, 10:39 PM
those buckles sound soooo nice! they are cool to dig once in awhile but are 2nd in line to the dreaded oxknobs for me

del
06-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Drew sorry I could not join you , did you got to the spot you talked about?? that place should be loaded with goodies. my record is around a dozen "D" buckles from hunt at one site. they sound so good you can't ignore them.

giant056
06-05-2014, 12:59 AM
Holy Mackerel it's a buckle bonanza :thumbsup02: congratulations on some great finds Drew!!!!!!!

.................................................. .. :congrats:

Digger Don
06-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Wow, a buckle spill :lolsign: Great Job

MangoAve
06-05-2014, 08:33 AM
The top left and bottom right look like the ones I found last time you and I were out. I would laugh if it was the same place 'cuz I took home 4 from there.

aloldstuff
06-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Now this is a first, a buckle spill. I have tried to switch arms but I find that I have no coordination with my left, keep hitting my lesch, tripping over the coil, etc. How many more towns to you need on the dog tags?

OxShoeDrew
06-05-2014, 02:44 PM
I think I need three more Al, I have triples of two towns:)
Jim, no I haven't been back there although that middle hole had potential.
Dan, I decided to hang around here and not make the drive, yeah, potential there too.
Dave, yeah buckles sound great... but these were in with nails and not deep, so they sounded too strong for coppers.
Thanks everyone!

Timewarpdigger
06-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Congrats on the finds. A truly interesting hunt. Safe & HH

Tony Two-Cent
06-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Buckle up! :thumbsup01:

Awesome hunt, Drew! And hey, 1877 isn't the only good Indian Head!

I really like the old Tootsie Toy roadster, it looks like an older one. Congrats on the Classic Head large cent too.

Lowjiber
06-07-2014, 08:07 AM
That's a ton of buckles.

I once found six Cub Scout and Boy Scout buckles in the woods surrounding a Boy Scout summer camp. Didn't even "go there" as to how they lost their belt buckles. :)