PDA

View Full Version : Old yard clean sweep!!

xzlr8n
06-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Here is some finds from a yard I spent last Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings at. Lots of good targets but no big silver. Best finds were a 1902 -O Barber dime, a Marion Steam Shovel watch fob, and a Gettysburg Memorial watch fob. Also found a silver plated Virgin Mary pendant and gave it to the homeowner. Lots of wheaties to be had as I snatched 18 from the ground, and 26 Memorials that should have been Wheaties :grin:. Targets were pretty shallow in this yard 2-4 inches deep, ground was powder dry but I don't think there is much beyond this depth. My friend Don, went with me for the last two of the evenings and out did me with a beautiful EF-40 1872 Seated Liberty dime. This was his first Seated coin and one dime I wish I found as I've yet to find a Seated Liberty myself. I tried trading my Barber but he wouldn't bite. Good thing he didn't because Friday night he found his first Barber dime, a 1906 I believe. Don also found a nice sterling three band ring set, which he offered to the homeowner. We both had a great time at this yard with all the good targets turning up. Kind of wish there was some bigger silver and IH's, but the owner said some other person had detected it in the past and maybe he cherry picked the yard?? Enjoy the pics!!

xzlr8n
06-06-2010, 11:07 PM
More pic's!!

Ill Digger
06-07-2010, 01:13 AM
If your still pulln' pieces like this from that yard ,there's got to be more there! :yes:
The &quot:grin:ucks may have been pulled but they left you all the little jewels !
And if they missed or left the fobs chances are that there's more goodies there!
The deep goodies are still there thumbsup01
Keep poundin' it!!
Good luck !
Congrats to you and your buddy on some great finds :grin:

xzlr8n
06-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Ill Digger, Yeah it sure did feel like the &quot:grin:ucks had been pulled as there were only a few signals that rang up as possible silver. All the wheats bounced around and were low end for correct. The Marion watch fob was the only target that rang up in the true big silver range but was only 2 down. The Seated dime for Don rang up like a wheat on his Minelab SE and also was only 2-3 down. We did have a drenching ran yesterday but I'm going to let the yard rest and heal as we dug about a hundred holes. Hopefully there is some more silver for another day. Thanks for looking.

coinnut
06-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Some real nice finds come out of that yard! I love the fobs and they make a great collection on their own thumbsup01 I'm sure some of the goods were cleaned out being as they are shallow. Any machine could have found them before :crying02: but they left you some great ones and more to come. Dry ground and a hundred holes?? lol Oops, I'd let it rest for a while rofl I hope that rain can keep the lawn looking good. You guys did great there.

Cheap Thrills
06-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Huge congrats on all the butt-kicking finds you have been digging lately !! :yes: thumbsup01 thumbsup01