PDA

View Full Version : Another old yard, more goodies!!

xzlr8n
06-06-2010, 11:38 PM
While we were detecting the yard from my other post, http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=1727.0, two other homeowners saw us detecting and offered us permission to detect their yards. This evening Don and I went to one of the yards, a 1860's house on the next street over. Best find here was a nice ring that isn't marked at all and looks to be silver on bronze or copper, rang up a solid 39 VDI in 3-frequency correlate on the V3. The big stone/glass has a hint of purple or blue depending on the light and might be some sort of semi-precious stone?? The diamond looking stones are clear with hints of yellow. I don't know what to make of this ring because of the band and setting not being made of sterling, white gold or platinum?? Also found my second P.O.D. postal service gilted button for the year. This button is made by the same manufacturer as my other one, Maher Bros. in Utica NY. Four wheats had me holding out hope for some silver but to no avail. The ring made for a great evening and after showing it to the home owner I was able to keep it for myself as they did not want it. I don't think it is too valuable but I might have a jeweler check it out just to make sure. If it is worth a lot, I'll have to talk with the homeowner again. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks for looking.

xzlr8n
06-06-2010, 11:41 PM
More pics for your viewing entertainment thumbsup01!!

Ill Digger
06-07-2010, 01:07 AM
It's nice when your invited, rather than having to ask permission to hunt yard.
And sharing some of the finds with the home owners go's along ways sometimes I believe!
Cool button ! Soon you'll have enough to make yourself your own jacket lol
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
06-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Yep, he's gonna work for the Post Office soon lol Nice second button and some great finds too Don't know about the ring, but being plated, I'm thinking glass for the stones. There is a stone called Tanzanite, that is blue with hints of purple, but I'm not sure they would have put it in a ring that was plated. If it's older and not real, it's probably glass and maybe quartz (for the diamonds), if it's newer and not real, it's probably CZ's (Cubic Zirconia). Any good jeweler could tell you for sure. These are just some guesses. It must be nice to have people come up to you and offer their yards lol Up here in New England, that rarely ever happens :crying02:

Lucky_c
06-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Topaz is a possibility.

wolf-n-wa
06-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Nice assortment of finds and cool ring. WTG WOLF

angellionel
06-07-2010, 09:37 PM
That is another fine postal button. It is in very good shape. Nice ring too. thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
06-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Beautiful ring! Very nice postal button too :)

Cheap Thrills
06-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Great finds X !! thumbsup01 thumbsup01 With all those Postal buttons your finding there must have been some mean dogs around there back in the day .

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-07-2010, 10:46 PM
thats great they offered permission.its happened to me a few times and just awesome that some people are so polite.
cool button and good luck with the ring.i'm with coinnut on the ring.looks plated but doesn't hurt to hope ;)