PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Old Building Site

Skamaniac
06-08-2014, 07:04 PM
My son found an old building site a few weeks ago. I spoke to a local guy in his 90's who does not remember ever seeing a building there, so that would be pre-20's.

Today I took the AT Pro and spent a couple hours there. I recovered lots of cut nails, a few metal scraps, a small buckle, and what I believe to be part of a pot-bellied stove door.

Going back in a few weeks with some fellow detectorists to see what else we can find.

Questions - Is that an ox shoe on the right? Seems small.
That little 3 prong thing on the bottom...At first I thought it was a spade bit, but now wonder if it's some kind of adjustment chuck?

del
06-09-2014, 02:38 AM
thats definitely an ox shoe and from all the nails so far I'd say you have somekind of building there. the item on the bottom almost looks like an iron fork but I would have to see a closer picture to confirm. keep us updated

Dan

Full Metal Digger
06-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Nice finds. Turns out that Quincy Illinois was the "wood burning stove capital" of the world back in the late 1800's. There were numerous factories located there. HH, Dave.

Timewarpdigger
06-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Wow I bet your pouch wade a ton. LOL congrats!!!

OxShoeDrew
06-09-2014, 06:53 PM
awww calf shoe :lol: I think they were for little guys in training. I bet you'll like that site!

Digger Don
06-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Great finds, That stove door piece is cool. I bet it would clean up nice

Bell-Two
06-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Ox shoes are neat finds, I have found bunch of horse and mule shoes but never an Ox shoe.

Skamaniac
06-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Ox shoes are neat finds, I have found bunch of horse and mule shoes but never an Ox shoe.

It sure surprised me, and it was a first for me too! I only had an inkling of what it was from reading this forum. It's definitely going in my keeper bin.

BTV Digger
06-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Nice set of finds, and ox shoe for sure. Definitely worth a trip back.

BTV Digger