PDA

View Full Version : Question on noise cancel on the etrac

John S
06-07-2010, 02:00 PM
I have tried using the noise cancel and I don't see ant differences when I do it or not. What do you think??

angellionel
06-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I have tried using the noise cancel and I don't see ant differences when I do it or not. What do you think??

It does help at areas where you may be experiencing a bit of EMI or if detecting with someone who is also using an E-Trac. I do use noise cancel when I first turn on the machine, though I then do so infrequently unless I start to experience problems with EMI while moving from one area to another. Often the difference is quite nuanced.

coinnut
06-07-2010, 08:26 PM
I almost never noise cancel lol I used to and I'm not sure if it helps at all. Some people swear by it, but I guess you would never know if it helps or not. I guess there is no way to test it honestly :confused:

Epi-hunter
06-07-2010, 08:37 PM
I do it every time I start out. While waiting impatiently for it to finish :) And then I realize I had the switch flipped up to the probe, and have to do it again. lol

Like Angel said, I think it helps most if you are nearby to another E-Trac or if you are having EMI issues.

frhamlet
06-18-2010, 01:49 PM
I have had trouble with one of the channels being noisy at high sens settings and had to change channels. If you do the auto noise cancel when you first start you know the problem has beem dealt with at the gate. I have never had to change channels if I did the noise cancel at the beginning of the hunt...an ounce of prevention. Transformers on the power poles seem to be the biggest problem.