PDA

View Full Version : Last minute beach hunt

kpmoose
06-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Had a vacation day planned for today. Originally I wanted to hunt a cellar hole or two, but rain in the forecast deterred my plans. I wanted to be close to my vehicle should the skies open up with some heavy rain as predicted. I checked out the radar in the morning and it looked like the shoreline would be my best option for a mostly dry day. My guess was right as the weather cooperated. NO ONE was on the beach except the lifeguards. Unfortunately the finds were not there as my time spent hunting was at high tide. As a result I hunted mostly dry sand. $2.85 in clad and a ton of bottle caps. Still had fun getting out swinging again.

buck57
06-14-2014, 06:30 AM
Nice to have them options on hunting grounds kpmoose. Hey, at least you got you some battery money. Love the bottle top! ����. How's your detector do in the salt condition? I was using the AT Pro but just bought the Sea Hunter Mark II. Used it yesterday, and it will take a bit to get use too. Good hunting to ya

Thiltzy
06-14-2014, 07:28 PM
LOL, at that bottle cap. Love it man. Anyone of those bottle caps could have bee a ring, keep digging Kev

Skamaniac
06-16-2014, 11:39 AM
My worst day metal detecting is still better than my best day at work! Glad you could get out.

coinnut
06-16-2014, 12:01 PM
At least you missed the rain. What's with all the rainy days we have had around here lately anyways? :dontknow: Love the quote inside that bottle cap:lol: My sentiments exactly :thumbsup01:

MangoAve
06-16-2014, 12:35 PM
I been kinda 'incapacitated' for the past two weeks. I am eager to get back out too..in recovery mode right now tho. At least you got out. Seems the skies were nice at the time you went. As someone posted, I am curious what mine does in the sand. Hope it's not like learning all over again the way it will react to coins. Most of the time I spend is inland with dirt, not sand.

SKA... Isn't this what fishing advocates say too? Although, I do agree with it....

kpmoose
06-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Nice to have them options on hunting grounds kpmoose. Hey, at least you got you some battery money. Love the bottle top! ����. How's your detector do in the salt condition? I was using the AT Pro but just bought the Sea Hunter Mark II. Used it yesterday, and it will take a bit to get use too. Good hunting to ya

There is a salt setting on the MXT Pro, so it handles it pretty good. I never have any issues in the dry sand. The wet sand gives me some false readings at times, but not too bad most of the time. I'm sure a machine built for the salt water would do a better job, but I can get by for the few times I use it there.

buck57
06-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Yea moose. When I first bought my AT Pro, I wanted it for all conditions but mainly in the farm land of Missouri. Since moving to Florida, I'm been strictly on the beaches, so I opted to go with the Sea Hunter. Only used it twice so far, and I'm thinking I'm gonna really like it. I still have my Pro once I get back to hunting parks. HH

Timewarpdigger
06-16-2014, 07:13 PM
Interesting group of finds... As they say a bad day digging is better then...... Safe & HH

Digger Don
06-16-2014, 07:16 PM
You got out and swung your machine. Makes it a good day.