PDA

View Full Version : I never seen a copper like this one..

Thiltzy
06-14-2014, 09:46 PM
I had to work most of the day but I brought my gear and headed out to a cellar hole for a quick hunt. I got back to a site that we have already hit once and was able to squeak out a few keepers. No idea what these people were trying to do to the 1824 Matron but it gives it a little character :lol:

Trooper Bri
06-14-2014, 10:05 PM
That's a great pic of the ferns and walls.

Had to work today as well, but it was so nice to get out and see the sun and a nice dry breeze.

Bell-Two
06-15-2014, 04:41 AM
Poor girl on that Large Cent looks like they were giving her a nose job. Nice finds!

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-15-2014, 07:26 AM
some nice designed buttons Todd.cool pic of the ferns and ouchie on the LC

kpmoose
06-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Not bad for a 1/2 days work. :thumbsup01:

The Rebel
06-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Wow some one was a little PO'd (Pre stress ball era) :lol:. Love those buttons. Must have been hard work in the ferns.:thumbsup01:

del
06-16-2014, 02:56 AM
great pictures , very unusualy looking matron head.I always get a bit cautious in thick ferns like that I've caught snakes resting in them at times , be careful Todd.

MangoAve
06-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Still some nice finds. Maybe it was a coin that fell out in the old field and got mangled by the plow? Idk. I am curious if this might happen to be an area hit really hard, but down somewhere in Marlborough area. I see a ton of rock walls all concentrated in one area. It's just visible from the road so I figure anyone who drives by knows about it therefore it's hit hard.

great pictures , very unusualy looking matron head.I always get a bit cautious in thick ferns like that I've caught snakes resting in them at times , be careful Todd.

Haha, Dan. You were scared of the buck one time. This time it's the snakes? jk I figured there are so many ticks on the ferns, but I rarely see snakes. Prob 'cuz they are sensitive to ground vibrations. I do find them all the time...mowing the lawn.

Digger Don
06-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Nice finds. It does look like a plow may have kissed it back in the day.
Very nice photo also.

Skamaniac
06-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Great pic and some nice keepers.

coop
06-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Nice finds, I like finding coins they mutilated, It does give them character

giant056
06-16-2014, 04:56 PM
That ole copper sure got folded up, I've never see one like that either, great finds :thumbsup01:

Timewarpdigger
06-16-2014, 07:07 PM
WOW some rally great finds. Congrats!! Safe & HH

Lodge Scent
06-16-2014, 07:56 PM
Looks like someone took a sledge hammer to the poor woman.

woody_g
06-16-2014, 08:08 PM
that sure is some beautiful scenery wish we had that here every thing is dried up here in Texas.some nice finds as well we don't have many oldies like that around here.have gotten on LC but its so worn you can barely make it out.

Thiltzy
06-16-2014, 08:47 PM
The Rebel
Wow some one was a little PO'd (Pre stress ball era) :lol:. Love those buttons. Must have been hard work in the ferns.:thumbsup01:
Yeah Roger, the ferns are such a pain in the arse, but that's where the copper was.

del
Thanks for the warning Dan

MangoAve
Still some nice finds. Maybe it was a coin that fell out in the old field and got mangled by the plow? Idk. I am curious if this might happen to be an area hit really hard, but down somewhere in Marlborough area. I see a ton of rock walls all concentrated in one area. It's just visible from the road so I figure anyone who drives by knows about it therefore it's hit hard.
I can assure you this is not in the Marlborough area. I was thinking plow also but didn't think a plow would cause it to fold over on itself?

aloldstuff
06-17-2014, 06:23 AM
Very unusual LC. Noticed that some of the buttons are also bent so I'm leaning toward a plow in the area. Great site pictures.