PDA

View Full Version : Finally some silver again

z118
06-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Just about the most beautiful day ever in Upstate NY today, and after a weekend of rain I was more than glad to get out for a nice long hunt this evening. I headed to my sweet spot where I pulled a bunch of silver last summer. Finds certainly have slowed down this summer but there's still stuff there... I hunted for a good 2.5 hours and was rewarded with my first silver coins in a month. Nothing great - just Rosies - but I'll take 'em. I dug a boatload of tabs, foil, can slaw, etc because I am certain there is a gold ring somewhere at this spot, but it was not to be found tonight. Total for the hunt was 50 coins worth $2.47 including the two Rosies and three wheats (1919, 42, & 45), as well as a dog tag, a nice token, some usual junk, and two more of those tiny aluminum arrows. If someone could tell me what the heck those are from I sure would appreciate it. I've dug half a dozen or so now. They are not fun to recover.

Happy hunting!

coinnut
06-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Congrats on the silver, Z :beerbuddy: I agree it was nice to get some hunting time in, and the weather was great today. I'm not sure on them aluminum arrows, but I think I remember them (folded in half) on some dress shirts I bought as a kid. They used to keep the shirts from opening up after you take them out of the package. You would remove them grips and unfold your shirt from the cardboard (shirtboard) that was inside of the shirt. That's what they look like to me. But anyways lol nice hunt!

xzlr8n
06-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Way to get back in the Silver saddle. You deserve more than you find with all the holes you dig. Congrats on the 2 Silver Rosies, and :beerbuddy: to many more.

wolf-n-wa
06-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Nice silver and wheats Z. WOLF

angellionel
06-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Nice silver duo! thumbsup01 It was beautiful today. I should have taken advantage, but I had to do yard and landscape work. :-\ Good hunt, Z!

Cheap Thrills
06-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Nice going on the two silver Roosies !! thumbsup01 thumbsup01 Been awhile for me crying01 Keep on keepin' on !!

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-07-2010, 10:40 PM
cool! still a lot of stuff there.be patient and keep pullin the junk.coins and rings will follow. congrats on the silver! thumbsup01

Ill Digger
06-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Gotta love seein' that silver after being denied of it for a spell <:
Old token are just as good ....What does it say?
Congrats on the finds :grin: