PDA

View Full Version : A Little Door Knocking Paid Off / Indians, Silver

Digger Don
06-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Alec and I went out for a while this morning before a major thunderstorm hit us. We tried a couple of parks a couple hours north of home but didn't do to well.
We decided to Free style, so we looked for an old town and did some door knocking. The first house we asked said yes.
My very first decent signal gave up a nice 1912 Barber Dime. A few minutes later, Alec dug a 1903 Indian. ( can't tell from my pictures, but it looks like it was dropped new in 1912 ) We were able to hunt about two and a half hours before the storm blew in. By the time we left, I added a 1951 Rosie and 4 wheats. Alec dug 3 more Indians, 2 Wheats & a Palmolive Soap Token.

Skamaniac
06-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Nice! Looks like you picked the right door to knock on! That 1912 dime is a beauty.

Ill Digger
06-22-2014, 01:05 AM
Dang boys!! You guys did pretty well!! :thumbsup01:
I just love a virgin yard! We're hitting one tomorrow :drool:
It looks like you may have found one! The place looks awesome!
Congrats to both of ya! :thumbsup02:
That sure was some storm! WOW!! :badday::badday::badday::badday: I've never seen winds like that around here before! :bummer: I'd like to see an official wind reading for my area! I was expecting to go outside and find shingles and siding laying all over the place. Luckily everything held together! :notworthy: :angelic:

giant056
06-22-2014, 02:08 AM
Excellent hunt and and excellent finds you guys found there :thumbsup02: That's a very cool looking old house you hunted too :grin:

.................................................. .............. :congrats:

Timewarpdigger
06-22-2014, 09:23 AM
Although the weather ended the hunt you two did really well with the finds. A very successful day!! Congrats!! Safe & HH

Digger Don
06-22-2014, 08:41 PM
Dang boys!! You guys did pretty well!! :thumbsup01:
I just love a virgin yard! We're hitting one tomorrow :drool:
It looks like you may have found one! The place looks awesome!
Congrats to both of ya! :thumbsup02:
That sure was some storm! WOW!! :badday::badday::badday::badday: I've never seen winds like that around here before! :bummer: I'd like to see an official wind reading for my area! I was expecting to go outside and find shingles and siding laying all over the place. Luckily everything held together! :notworthy: :angelic: I heard there was tornado warnings yesterday also. I had to pull over because of the wind. First time I've ever done that.

Ill Digger
06-22-2014, 10:52 PM
I heard there was tornado warnings yesterday also. I had to pull over because of the wind. First time I've ever done that.

I believe it. :yes: It was pretty bad!

Cheap Thrills
06-22-2014, 11:31 PM
Excellent hunt and and excellent finds you guys found there :thumbsup02: That's a very cool looking old house you hunted too :grin:

.................................................. .............. :congrats:

I agree !

When I was a kid we had Crystal White at our house .

Tony Two-Cent
06-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Congrats on the great finds, Don! That 1912 Barber Dime must have been freshly minted when it was dropped! :loveit:

The Indian Heads cleaned up real nice too.

:congrats:

don in ny
06-24-2014, 01:35 PM
Great finds! It shows it pays to ask permission. I started asking permission last year to hunt different places and had great results. I only got turned down once in the last year and that was because I spoke to the owners Realtor instead of the owner directly. Some of the results of asking permission over the last year include a beautiful 1788 2 Real (my avatar), 9 large cents including a rare 1804 and a really nice 1820/19 and more than 20 pieces of silver including the nicest 1920 SLQ I've ever seen come out of the ground, 2 batwing buckles, a nice hallmarked silver knee buckle, war of 1812 artillery buttons and a lot more. Yes, it does pay to ask permission to detect at old homes and your finds prove it. Way to go!

del
06-24-2014, 02:25 PM
beautiful home and some great coins Don , I agree that 1912 barber is a sharp coin. congrats

we have a lot of homes that look very similar to that one around here , one of these days i'll get around to asking permission .;)

wisconsin digger
06-24-2014, 04:13 PM
That Barber is as good as it gets. great coins. Wisconsin Digger

Lodge Scent
06-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Nice looking spot and some nice finds !