PDA

View Full Version : What features would you like on your next detector?

denny2w
06-27-2014, 02:38 PM
The one feature I'd love to have is a feature that was
available years ago called "surface blanking"

This is where you could turn it on, and the blanker
would ignore all targets in the first 1 to 3 inch deep range.

I understand that it didn't work all that well back in the day, but
with today's technology I don't see why it could not be made to work.

Today depth meters are not accurate in inches, but they do a good job
of telling a shallow target from a deep one.

Sure you might miss a few good shallow oldies, but the trade off would be
almost all pull-tabs, bottle caps, zinc coins dropped in the last couple decades gone.

What features would you like to see?

Digger Don
06-27-2014, 02:53 PM
HI DEF imaging would be nice

Tony Two-Cent
06-27-2014, 03:11 PM
I have always wished for that same ability on a detector, Denny. :yes:

We had a similar thread on this topic a few years ago, and if you read down a ways you will see that I said pretty much the same thing.

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/showthread.php?7271-Your-Dream-Detector

denny2w
06-27-2014, 03:41 PM
Another idea would be a wireless pinpointer that works similar to a Sunray. Bluetooth maybe.

Trooper Bri
06-27-2014, 09:14 PM
I'd like Humminbird to make a side imaging detector. They're so cool in a boat.

Lowjiber
06-27-2014, 09:39 PM
I'd like one of these...

MangoAve
06-28-2014, 06:45 AM
Imaging. Like mri or sonar based upon the magnetic pickup. It would take an advanced processor to do so. Think of an ultrasound machine but the picture wouldn't be a baby, but the coins. Lol

Moresound
06-28-2014, 06:30 PM
An espresso dispenser would be invaluable!

;)

SHIMMER77502
06-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Backlit display would be great for late evening or early morning hunting. In SE Texas you have to get out by 6 a.m. so you don't melt.....

Twobit
07-02-2014, 10:45 AM
I haven't been in it too long but I already would like sat Nav mapping that allows me to pinpoint map locations of each good find. That way, later on I can look at the map of a location I've dug and, by examining where I've found stuff, find patterns of where more/better finds might be.

Tony Two-Cent
07-02-2014, 10:59 AM
I haven't been in it too long but I already would like sat Nav mapping that allows me to pinpoint map locations of each good find. That way, later on I can look at the map of a location I've dug and, by examining where I've found stuff, find patterns of where more/better finds might be.

The Minelab CTX 3030 has this ability. It has a built in GPS and can track your detecting path as well as mark each find. You can even use different colored markers for each type of find.

http://www.gonehuntingforhistory.com/uploads/1/8/0/7/18070031/8727776_orig.png

leslie(nova scotia)
07-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Easy....one that won't break down. Have swung Garretts only for over 40 years but the Pro is a real thorn in my side. 4 times back.........................dependability in the Garrett line is my wish or a rerun of the old Freedom 3 Plus series!

Twobit
07-02-2014, 02:32 PM
The Minelab CTX 3030 has this ability. It has a built in GPS and can track your detecting path as well as mark each find. You can even use different colored markers for each type of find.

http://www.gonehuntingforhistory.com/uploads/1/8/0/7/18070031/8727776_orig.png

well ill I guess I should get used to having good ideas right after someone else. I was excited two years ago about my idea for a GPS/heads up display that projects onto the lower portion of your windshield....it came out this year....
thanks for the heads up though. Not even gonna check out the price on that one!

Thiltzy
07-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Nothing, just become one with your machine and listen to the tones. That's all you need trust me.

kray
07-02-2014, 09:43 PM
What Todd said!

CyberSage
07-08-2014, 07:36 AM
Multiple frequency with conditional response programming. (If, then, and, or) instead of just traditional discrimination.

Example: IF target is more responsive to low frequency, AND estimated depth is over 6 inches, OR vdi = 80 to 90

This would take more processing power, but there are ARM processors that can do the job now.

Paul Digs
07-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Wow Tony the GPS feature is totally cool! :shocked04: I must have it!!! I would also go for the espresso machine, but only it had the nozzle for the steamed milk too :lolsign:

Boulder
07-18-2014, 04:29 PM
I would luv a Wi-Fi ready detector w/GPS that I could take the control head and coil off of and mount on my rc quadcopter so I could comb a field while sipping iced tea from the shade of a big tree on hotter days.
The copter has the lift capacity to hang the coil down a few feet but still looking for a way to get the telemetry to my ground station.
I guess a 4wd rc truck would work well just not as much fun.

John. :daydream:

coinnut
07-18-2014, 07:34 PM
I just want a machine that doesn't break :lol: You know, bad coils, slipping locking cams, push buttons that only work sometimes, and a seal that really is waterproof :rolleyes:.