PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Experience With The Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II ?

ODA 226
06-28-2014, 12:39 PM
After my AT Pro died on me after being submerged under a WHOPPING 12 inches of water, I was thinking about ordering a Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II (http://www.kellycodetectors.com/garrett/garrett_seahunter2_2coil.htm) for my trip to Croatia. I'd just feel more confident with a dedicated submersible PI machine in the Adriatic. Has anyone here used one of these machines before? Comments?

buck57
06-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Hey ODA. I have both machines, the AT Pro and just three weeks ago I got the Sea Hunter Mark II . Still trying to get use to the Sea Hunter. Moved to Florida last year and wanted a strictly salt water machine, which the Sea Hunter is. I'm still having problems pin pointing. The AT Pro, as you know, has the built in pin pointer, but the Sea Hunter doesn't. I also purchased the larger coil and it makes it even harder to pin point. A couple of nice things about the Sea Hunter is there is no adjusting once you hit the salt water as did the Pro and this machine floats. Haven't found any rings yet with this machine as I did with the Pro, but we are still trying. If I continue to have difficulties with this larger coil, I'm going to put the smaller one back on. Good luck and good hunting

leslie(nova scotia)
11-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Great machine and brought mine the first time it was offered on the market. No problem with the pulse in salt water which is a bonus.

ODA 226
11-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Needless to say, I bought a SH MKII and it is a fabulous machine! Thanks for your comments!