PDA

View Full Version : Managed to get 3 more Silvers for June

Digger Don
06-29-2014, 08:27 PM
I went hunting solo this Satuirday, Digger Al decided to go to beach with his cousins. I had to drive up to Wisconsin to cut the grass at my summer place so I decided to take back roads up there and see what I could find. About 20 miles over the border I came across a little town that had a community center with a small grassy play ground. I hunted for about an hour and dug a Merc and 2 wheats. On the way home I came across a small town where almost every house had the old cut limestone bricks for the foundation. I stopped and asked a young couple if I could detect, Without hesitation, they said yes. ( I wish everyone was as nice as small town folks ). I hunted for about 3 hours and dug 2 Rosies and 6 Wheat cents, some old cars, 3 junk rings, a watch, a crotel bell and $10.09 in clad. Took today off, 18 year anniversary. Thought it might be a good idea to stay home today !!

Full Metal Digger
06-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Great finds! That crotal bell is awesome. I think I found that exact same tootsietoy (the blue one on the left). Does it say "model B" on the bottom? Every time I dig a junk ring I think there should be a law against fake jewelry! LOL. Well done. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Timewarpdigger
06-29-2014, 09:11 PM
congrats for the finds and hope you both had a great anniversary. Safe & HH

giant056
06-30-2014, 01:30 AM
Great score on the merc and rosies :thumbsup01: nice old crotal bell!!

aloldstuff
06-30-2014, 05:04 AM
Great silvers and great crotal bell. Four cars in one day is nice. Any early dates on your wheats?

Digger Don
06-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Great finds! That crotal bell is awesome. I think I found that exact same tootsietoy (the blue one on the left). Does it say "model B" on the bottom? Every time I dig a junk ring I think there should be a law against fake jewelry! LOL. Well done. Best wishes and HH, Dave.
Thanks, It's kind of crudded up so it might. All I see is USA stamped on the bottom.

Tony Two-Cent
06-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Nice finds, Don! The coins, jewelry and relics are neat, but I really like that crotal bell the best! I bet it's an old one. So often they are broken, lucky to get a nice whole one!

:congrats:

Digger Don
06-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Nice finds, Don! The coins, jewelry and relics are neat, but I really like that crotal bell the best! I bet it's an old one. So often they are broken, lucky to get a nice whole one!

:congrats:
Thanks Tony. the ball inside came loose so it still rings. That was all from the front yard and a little of one side. hitting the back yard and other side this weekend. The house was built in 1837

don in ny
07-02-2014, 05:31 AM
Nice finds Don. It pays to knock on a door once in a while. Interesting you found a group of toy cars. It seems where I find one, there are others around. It's always nice to add more silver to the pile and any time I find a piece of silver I figure it was a successful hunt.