PDA

View Full Version : 2 days of pounded sites*pre civil war eagle "I" button*CW spencer or sharps*BS Fob

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-29-2014, 09:09 PM
2 days Todd & myself hit some sites.sat was south western Blandford,Massamachussetts day.bad idea! hot,buggy and all 4 sites were hammered to death.squeaked out a couple buttons & a civil war .44 cal sharps or spencer pistol bullet.
Sunday we did better at one site in south east CT than all 4 in Mass.
Got a nice pre civil war Eagle "I" button with silver gilt Young & Smith back mark,a very cool early 1910 Boy Scouts watch fob.Looks like someone was at the CT site last weekend and left holes open with the junk near holes :shocked01: c'mon guys is it that hard to maybe put the iron up on the wall a foot more in front of you and kick in the plug? real lazy!

Timewarpdigger
06-29-2014, 09:15 PM
Congrats for the finds and like the Boy Scout fob. Never seen that one before. Awesome. Safe & HH

giant056
06-30-2014, 01:40 AM
Great score on the old Infantry button and the Boy Scout fob is way cool :thumbsup02:

del
06-30-2014, 02:43 AM
Yeah the infantry button is definitely a keeper :smitten:and the boy scout fob is a cool find too.

chief5709
06-30-2014, 04:48 AM
Yup, like the B.S.A. fob too! and you can't go wrong with a nice Eagle I.

aloldstuff
06-30-2014, 05:19 AM
Nice "I" button and that B.S.A. fob is very cool.

MangoAve
06-30-2014, 06:42 AM
The condition of the finds looks like they came out of the ground better on the second day. I wonder if the boy scout fob had a ribbon and pin at one point and worn on the uniform. I am actually curious why the buttons seem to have the loop folded over almost all the time.

CTTodd
06-30-2014, 06:48 AM
that button is very nice and you got an OX knob! The lazy guys bug me too.

Digger Don
06-30-2014, 07:36 AM
You guys always find the coolest stuff. Great Job

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-30-2014, 08:02 AM
The condition of the finds looks like they came out of the ground better on the second day. I wonder if the boy scout fob had a ribbon and pin at one point and worn on the uniform. I am actually curious why the buttons seem to have the loop folded over almost all the time.
thanks, once in awhile I get a folded over shank.I'm sure it has to do with being on ground and getting stepped on or something.it wasn't done intentionally

The Rebel
06-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Love the Button & Fob Dave!

buck57
06-30-2014, 01:09 PM
Great job Dave. Really like them fobs. Never new about them until I found one just after taking up detecting. You all did good :thumbsup02:

MangoAve
06-30-2014, 01:45 PM
like someone was at the CT site last weekend and left holes open with the junk near holes :shocked01: c'mon guys is it that hard to maybe put the iron up on the wall a foot more in front of you and kick in the plug? real lazy!

I was reminded of one site I went to. It seems someone had found a headboard and left it leaning against a tree. I saw it too, but no way was I gonna carry that thing out of there. Granted there is slight variation between the size of the metal headboard and the rings in your pics.

Isaac
06-30-2014, 03:14 PM
That Infantry Button is beautiful!!! :loveit: Wonderful finds!!!

del
06-30-2014, 03:47 PM
That Infantry Button is beautiful!!! :loveit:

I agree but a little clr would take the grime off that silver plating and then a little buffing with a jeweler's cloth would make it shine nice Dave

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-30-2014, 05:58 PM
I agree but a little clr would take the grime off that silver plating and then a little buffing with a jeweler's cloth would make it shine nice Dave
I took your advice Dan.thanks man it cleaned up nice

kpmoose
06-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Nice job Dave as usual. Love the eagle "I" button and the boy scout watch fob. Very nice finds. :congrats:

RobW
07-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Right in my backyard.....:girlcry:

Congrats on that Infantry button...she's a beaut!!!:loveit:

Bell-Two
07-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Wonderful button and great job of cleaning and the fob is great I found the same one and is still one of my favorite finds. :congrats:

Thiltzy
07-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Dan knows best Dave...good idea taking his advise the button looks fantastic:smitten:

MangoAve
07-02-2014, 06:30 AM
Dan knows best Dave...good idea taking his advise the button looks fantastic:smitten:

Hey, don't feed that ego. If we tell him he is right all the time he's gonna always think he is. Maybe we should ask his wife who is right? :hystericallaugh:

don in ny
07-02-2014, 06:31 AM
Some nice finds you made. Love the Infantry button and the Boy Scout fob. It's a shame someone else was detecting this site with so little responsibility. If you dig a hole, even in the woods, make sure you cover it and take out the junk you find.

Tony Two-Cent
07-02-2014, 08:43 AM
Great finds, Dave, especially the Boy Scout fob and the early Eagle I button!

Boy, that button cleaned up beautifully, it is a stunner! :loveit:

:congrats:

Sal66
07-08-2014, 03:46 AM
:wow: Nice Haul !! Great Finds, Great Pics, what else can you ask for... Except the BUG SPRAY !!!! I love the Cellar Hole Pics. It's not often people show the sites. It's must be amazing for the one's that don't see the Rock Walls and Cellar holes we have here in New England that go on for miles in the woods that seem to go on forever .
Thanks for sharing !