PDA

View Full Version : When is the best time to hunt the beach night or morning

Nesdore
07-01-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm on Vacation at Myrtle Beach brought my Ace 150 with me I've went in early morning around 5am and went very briefly last night I have never been beach detecting looking for some tips:cheesysmile:

Full Metal Digger
07-01-2014, 01:50 PM
If you're dry-sand hunting I would think it would be best late in the day when everyone is heading home. If you're hunting in the water I would think low-tide, regardless of time of day. I'm sure others with more experience will chime in to help.

Nesdore
07-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Thanks im just dry sand hunting I tried the wet sand and just to much falsing

Skamaniac
07-07-2014, 10:45 PM
If you're dry-sand hunting I would think it would be best late in the day when everyone is heading home. If you're hunting in the water I would think low-tide, regardless of time of day. I'm sure others with more experience will chime in to help.

I've only hunted a beach once, but this is exactly what I was thinking at the time.

ironarmknives
09-26-2014, 06:56 AM
ya low tide…. and i go like at 2-4 am just to beat all the old farts who have nothing better to do …. and can clean a beach in like hours ….. but I'm in san diego and we get to do this all year long and theres like 15 beaches we can go to … I hate it LOL LOL

Lowjiber
09-27-2014, 07:17 AM
Much Santa Cruz, Ca beach experience here. Take it to the bank that low tide is the best.:)

sbranoff
09-29-2014, 03:50 PM
I'd say first thing in the morning, before the sand combing machines start. You can still find stuff but they catch things in the first couple inches of sand. Call Parks and Recreations there and they can tell you when they start running on the beach. You should do alot better, before they start running.

Vito
10-24-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm also with DaddyDigger, when most will leave the beach, heading home or having lunch/supper.

Good Luck