PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum and this hobby

gambler13
06-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi all from Pa. Have a BHQDII. Decent machine but not so easy for pinpointing. Been doing alot of practice with X-ing, getting better but am already favoring a Fisher F2 for the pinpoint feature. My Garrett pro-pointer should be her tomorrow so I'm sure this will help me too. Was undecided between Ace 250 and F2 but after reading a comparison article by a member of this forum, I think the F2 will be better for me. I like the display better. Maybe I'll catch on with the BH and be OK. Time will tell.

Epi-hunter
06-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum! It sounds like you found Lowjiber's article :) Keep at it... and yes, the handheld pinpointer will definitely help!

randy
06-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA

Ill Digger
06-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois :grin:
You'll love the Garrett PPer!! It cuts your PPing time down to ...next to nill :yes:
Enjoy the site thumbsup01

del
06-10-2010, 02:54 AM
hello Gambler , welcome to our little corner of the web. glad to have ya here thumbsup01

tanacat
06-10-2010, 04:57 AM
Welcome from Kentucky! I think you'll like it here :yes: Looking forward to seeing some of your finds

Lowjiber
06-10-2010, 06:07 AM
Welcome aboard from southern Nevada.

I'm glad you decided to join us. There are lots of friendly folks here that will gladly lend a hand if you have questions.

John

coinnut
06-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Welcome to our world lol Glad you found us and feel free to browse around. As long as you take the time to work with your machine, you will do well. It's all about trial and error. Don't be shy about asking questions, that's why everyone is here, to share information and exchange stories. We all have a passion for our hobby. :yes: