PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new coil for my Ace 150

Nesdore
07-13-2014, 12:06 PM
I need some help finding a new coil for my Garrett Ace 150 I would like something in the $130 - $150 range to add some depth to my detector any suggestions? I hunt at parks and in yards Thanks everyone for the help HH

del
07-13-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm unfamiliar with the ace 150 Nesdore what is currently on your machine now ?? concentric and what size??

in my opinion if you can find a double d coil or sef for your machine , something along an 8x6 sef or 5x7 or 6x10 double d . these would be good coils to hit parks with moderate trash or junk.

Nesdore
07-13-2014, 12:50 PM
It has a concentric 6.5x9 I was looking at a Nel hunter coil it's double d 12.5x8.5 or do you think I need something smaller

del
07-13-2014, 01:01 PM
It has a concentric 6.5x9 I was looking at a Nel hunter coil it's double d 12.5x8.5 or do you think I need something smaller

for parks and yards i would personally use something a bit smaller that separates better unless your parks are pretty trash or junk free??

Nesdore
07-13-2014, 01:13 PM
The sharpshooter is a double d 9.5x5.5 so I could go with that do you think it would add depth? I'm still new to this thanks for the help

del
07-13-2014, 02:17 PM
I don't think double d coils have any noticeable depth over a concentric of the "about" same size but they do have a better separation of targets (which is what you want in trashy areas) and are more sensitive to smaller targets . I've noticed over the years that on the deeper targets , while both coils can hear the target its the double d or sef coils that hear them less "iffy" sounding . the reason is because concentric coils are "listening" to more ground which equals to more mineralization (and the more mineralization the more a target can get "masked") at a time and the double d's or sef's are listening to a more narrower piece of ground and those targets (especially the smaller and more deeper ones) will sound better in most instances .

Nesdore
07-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Ok thank you for all the info I love this forum so glad I found you guys :thumbsup01: