PDA

View Full Version : A little silver before work

Full Metal Digger
07-15-2014, 07:41 AM
I went back to that park I had hunted 5 years ago with my ACE 250. I went nice and slow and found several nice coins mixed in with the iron and trash. The barber dime was first and only 5 inches deep. It rang up 12-42, 12-43. I thought it was a wheat cent. The Washington quarter was 10 inches deep and rang up 12-44. The Roosevelt was only 3 inches deep but sitting on top of a big chunk of iron! The Barber quarter was 5 inches deep and surrounded by nails. Not bad for a 2-hour hunt! Thanks for looking and HH, Dave.

Tony Two-Cent
07-15-2014, 07:50 AM
Holy cow! :wow:

Not bad for a 2 hour hunt indeed! :shocked04:

That was a super hunt, Dave! It's amazing what the E-Trac will find when you go slow with it. Congrats on all of those great coins, especially the Barber Quarter! You are having an amazing year!

:perfect10:

MangoAve
07-15-2014, 07:55 AM
I tried the test mid-air. Iron on top of a coin will mask the coin. Iron below the coin, you actually will pick up the coin. Granted there will be a few hits for the iron every few 'swings'. Guess you know there wasn't much fill there, based upon the park I hit sunday with Lee. Almost every thing I hit was reading 4 inches. There were a few of the clad at 2 inches. But it shows you how deep the fill was in the park or if there is any. Nice finds tho.

Timewarpdigger
07-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Wow that's what I call a great hunt. Awesome, congrats. Safe & HH

coinnut
07-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Sound like somebody needs to follow all those places he hit before :lol: Technology makes them all come alive again. You may not get that every two hours you go up there, but I bet there are more Barbers and Seated left hiding there. Really great hunt for such a short time frame :clapping:

Full Metal Digger
07-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Sound like somebody needs to follow all those places he hit before :lol: Technology makes them all come alive again. You may not get that every two hours you go up there, but I bet there are more Barbers and Seated left hiding there. Really great hunt for such a short time frame :clapping:

Hey coinnut, thanks for commenting. I think you're right about revisiting all those old honey holes. I pulled a lot of silvers from this park with my ACE 250 back in 2009. I hunted there frequently for a year straight, I have seen other guys MDing there also. The park was established in 1924 so I don't expect any seateds but you never know! I was surprised when the barber dime popped out because it was an obvious signal not masked by any trash or iron. I had also found a 1903 barber dime back in 2009 when I hunted there. I'm amazed that in 2 hunts (today and last Sunday) I have pulled 3 silver quarters and 3 silver dimes! And I have just been zig-zagging around without any plan. I can't wait to get back there and see what else myself and others have missed!

coinnut
07-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Established in 1924? That may not get any Seated unless someone had some really old pocket change :lol: I usually count back around 30 years from when a place was established to account for old circulating money. The only drawback to finding the old pocket change is that it is usually worn. But they will gladly be accepted no matter how worn :smitten:

zrickkid
07-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Nice finds man you are really tearing it up with the e-trac.

Digger Don
07-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Amazing 2 hour hunt. Super nice finds for sure. 79 Silvers. WOW:thumbsup01:

Full Metal Digger
07-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Amazing 2 hour hunt. Super nice finds for sure. 79 Silvers. WOW:thumbsup01:

Thanks Don, I appreciate the kind words but you are also tearing it up this year. You've been using an e-trac for what, 2 months now? Just look at all those old coins in your signature block! Very impressive sir! Not only that but I have NEVER found a SLQ! How is that even possible? Best wishes and HH, Dave.

BTV Digger
07-15-2014, 10:01 PM
Excellent success rate for just 2 hours. Amazing all those old coins are still there.

John

Ill Digger
07-15-2014, 10:39 PM
A little silver before work? :huh: That's a-lot-a silver if you ask me! :shocked04:
And some big silver to boot! It go's to show, you can't get'em all. Not in one hunt anyways. :lol:
Good huntin' Dave!
Congrats! :grin:

I don't know how you drug yourself away from that park to actually go to work after finding those beauties?
I might have came down with a bad case of "silver fever" :sick: after a morning like that! ;) :lol:

giant056
07-16-2014, 03:12 AM
I'd call that more than a little silver, congrats on them finds for sure :thumbsup02:

.................................... :congrats:

aloldstuff
07-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Dave, great short hunt. Along with Tony, seems that you also have mastered that Etrac. :thumbsup02:

:congrats:on those keepers. Amazing silver count so far.

Jim D
07-17-2014, 02:19 AM
:clapping:Wow! Dave that was an amazing hunt! Love them old silvers!:congrats: HH

don in ny
07-17-2014, 06:42 AM
A "little" silver? Seems like more than a little for a 2 hour hunt including 2 Barbers. Way to go.

wisconsin digger
07-18-2014, 04:50 AM
It appears the jinx is over as I did not see a scratch on the Barber Quarter. Great Hunt WD

jbolf6
07-18-2014, 06:30 AM
Great bunch of silver, very nicely done!